Beastly Musings

Re: Beastly Musings

Postby Antonio » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:59 pm

Tony mutters from a corner...

"Some of those no-face things seemed tougher than others. Some I could clock on the back of the head hard enough to put them on the ground with one shot. With others, that same shot didn't do a damned thing besides get them riled up. Of course, there was zero way to tell before until it connected, so you roll the dice and get out of the way if you hit a ringer.

I saw a couple take two pistol shots and keep on swinging. Not sure if any took three, or how they held up to rifle fire.

Oh, and they also really didn't like people going for cheap shots. Just drove them berserk.
Antonio

Postby manus dei » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:28 pm

Ivan stepped into the room with his rifle in his hands. He stayed close to the entrance while keeping an eye on the in-human thing in the room.

"They seem to learn from us. They are like a child. With the exception that they will kill you if they get bored" Ivan smirked.

"This leads me to ask if one of us were the first to attack them... Their attacks on us may be a learned habit. But this is pointless to ask. Hostile is Hostile." Ivan scratched his beard and shrugged.

"Perhaps we could train them to doctor our wounded?"
Ivan Berzin

"In Volskagrad, Mosquito repellent is a gun!"

manus dei

Postby The Nameless Fury » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:52 pm

He glances up once more. "They are failed experiments they seem to have a basic idea of the world around them and they also seem to have a basic sense of camradary. They do not like to be attacked I don't belive any style of attack would effect them more than any other. As far as them learning we dispatched many of them so for all of them to learn while so many do not return would suggest a hive mind like that of the theck. I highly doubt that. It is my belife that they simply have base intelect."
No, just Professor.
The Nameless Fury

Postby Jack Graft » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:53 am

Alright. So we also have man-eating, poisonous fanged creatures. They also have amazing regenerative properties when they consume flesh. Also, they remind me a lot of some kind of Feral Dorr, but honestly, I really don`t know. I DO know that they like to maim.
~Lt. J. Graftanimus
"I can help you with that. I know a guy."
Jack Graft

Postby Emily Alice Thatcher » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:25 am

Emily creeps into the room with her tell-tale leather tool bag, evading being seen until she's found Ivan. Spotting him, she runs over and finally speaks.

"Whatever they are," she says in a shaky whisper. "I don't like them. They're scary, they are. Enough to make you go mad."

She immediately drops back into the shadows and intently studies her book.
Emily Alice Thatcher, formerly Private Thomas Thatcher of the King's Navy
Master Mechanic, Novice Surgeon, and Scientist Extraordinaire.
"She can fix everything but broken hearts."
Emily Alice Thatcher

Postby Marcellus » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:06 am

Marcellus enters the room with a wide smile. He listens silently for a few minutes as the others discuss their findings.

"My biggest question and concern is what that creature was that was lairing with the feral bat dorr in the ventilation shaft. Did anyone ever actually find out? Was it just some sort of feral bat dorr matron or something else?"

Marcellus pauses and rubs his chin, gazing toward the rafters.

"With the regenerative properties that thing posessed it's impossible to say whether or not that explosion would have been enough to truly end it. Perhaps a bucket of dynamo acid next time..."
Marcellus

Postby Emily Alice Thatcher » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:55 pm

"Or a tank..." Emily mutter silently to herself, and shudders.

She sincerely dislikes the unknown, especially self-regenerating unknown.
Emily Alice Thatcher, formerly Private Thomas Thatcher of the King's Navy
Master Mechanic, Novice Surgeon, and Scientist Extraordinaire.
"She can fix everything but broken hearts."
Emily Alice Thatcher

Postby Dr. Ryan Cobb » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:10 pm

"Actually, I have a theory on that creature. Once we had a bit of practice we were able to lay the best down with ease. It was only the share terror that bend upon our will when it shuffles off death that keeps us from doing it permanent harm."

He scratches his head.

"That is to say - there seemed to be a brief moment between when it regenerated and refortified itself. If one of us only had the will to withstand the beast, well perhaps they could attack it while in its weakened state."
Dr. Ryan Cobb

Postby walking_blasphemy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:11 pm

"It seems I missed quite the party..."

The door swings open and the ghastly figure steps in, gears still whirring on a copper chipped arm... yet another thing that seems solid in the entirety of the deceased and yet still walking captain.
"With things finally in order from the tub that dragged us here I figured I and mine should figure out what we missed."

he tips his head to Beckett, a nod of respect.
"I do regret having missed your party. The invitation was much appreciated, but duties called us elsewhere and the last of the ships affairs needed to be dealt with. I figured you all wouldn't miss us for a few days... But it seems in our absence we missed out on quite the debacle."
"WHat do we Want?!"
"... TREASURE!!!"
"WHen do we WAnt IT!?"
".... e... eventually...?"
walking_blasphemy

Postby Marcellus » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:30 pm

Marcellus nods.

"Regrettable, but things went so well I think BSI will make it a habit of hosting such parties. It gives the town a chance to socialize in a theoretically safe atmosphere. Hopefully you and yours can make it to the next one. How are your crewmates?"
Marcellus

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Landry's Social Club