The Miners Pilght

The Miners Pilght

Postby Dr. Sinclair » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:31 pm

Dr. Sinclair walks on up to a nearby table and places his doctor bag on it. "Can I have eveyone's attention please." he said," Now i do not know if anyone knows already. but there has been rencent gang or mafia activity running around town. it was brought to my attention by Dr. Eisly. he has reported that some of his patients (that were minners) were shot at, have missing or broken fingers, and other strange wounds. they will not say to Dr. Eisly where they got them for fear of something happening. " he then takes off his glasses and cleans it with a rag "now i dont know about you but that sounds like Mafia or gang related wounds. and they are useing the miners to look for something in the mines. maybe we should look into this and find out who is doing it."
Dr. Cornelius Sinclair M.D.
Dr. Sinclair

Re: The Miners Pilght

Postby Herbert Wayland Baker » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:28 pm

Mr. Baker looks up from what may well be a penny dreadful concealed within the covers of a scholarly work.

"Yes, I had a similar conversation with Dr. Eisly. However, he stressed that it was not merely miners but a fairly indiscriminate swath of Greyhook society that was affected. While conventional criminals may well be responsible, I stress that this hypothesis remains to be substantiated. I shudder to think the explanation may be a bit more... theatrical."
Herbert Wayland Baker
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Score: 135
Herbert Wayland Baker

Postby Wolfman2006 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:32 pm

Looking curious in a bored sort of manner the brown robed priest looks quizzical at Doctor Sinclair.

"Doctor Sinclair, you imply that they seek something specifically, something of relevance. While I do not pretend to be an expert on the comings and goings of the local low-lives, but does that not seem rather... dark and even menacing for them? While there is alot of doubt as to what is to be found in the mines, is it not possible they simply are hoping to find some ancient relic to be sold underground for a profit?"

Sighing and shaking his head with mild distaste
"Sadly ruffians and cut throats like those Black Trumps and the rest, are part of society. They spring up in even the most ordered and well established society. Unpleasant and disappointing how they choose to or are forced to live their lives perhaps, but nothing alarming. Is there something that leads you to think they may be up to something more?"

And turning to Mr. Baker
"By refusing to address something or someone by name you give them power over yourself. Power that is undeserved and unnecessary. Why give your enemy yet another weapon to add to his arsenal to be used against you? Save us the melodrama and speak your mind of these fears you hold."
The Lord Solomon Sahaal of Loreard, Consort to the Queen
Acolyte of the Scion of Masks
High-Arch-Heretic, The Fallen one
Ex Inquisitor, Former Priest
Current score: 2240 points
Wolfman2006

Postby Ethan Talbot » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:45 am

*Pastor Talbot looks up from his sermon book and puts down his pen listening intently to the conversation before piping up after Father Sahaal speaks*

"Whatever the motivations behind them, injuries like that speak of enough criminal activity to warrant some house cleanin'. It will be awfully hard to solve our more.. "complex" problems if we have all sorts of shady characters decimatin' the local population as well as ourselves. Have we a better idea of who and what groups we may be dealing with so everyone is on the same page?"
Pastor Ethan Talbot, Shield of Chayodyne
Score: 1455 Why's it so warm? Why am I in this hand-basket?
Ethan Talbot

Postby Dr. Sinclair » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:49 am

"i agree pastor Talbot, we should look into this more. find out who is doing what" " I assumed that since someone useing the miners and threating them to do some work. kinda like really cheep labor. But what i do know is this. there are other factions in this town whom are at "work". i would bet you that each of thoes factons would love to one up each other or would try to get rid of the competition in any fasion. also we are probably in the middle of this gang war. so if anything happens we would get caught in the crossfire and innocents would get hurt. but not if we do somthing about it."
Last edited by Dr. Sinclair on Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Cornelius Sinclair M.D.
Dr. Sinclair

Postby Herbert Wayland Baker » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:47 pm

"My choice of words was motivated not by fear but by discretion. This is not to say I am not afraid. Indeed, I need look no further than my fellow man to find cause for fear. Fear can little harm the superior intellect. Yet, within the wider populace, there is always the possibility of contagion. You would do well yourself to remember that superstition is not without its price.
Herbert Wayland Baker
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Score: 135
Herbert Wayland Baker

Postby Wolfman2006 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:58 pm

The Lord Solomon Sahaal of Loreard, Consort to the Queen
Acolyte of the Scion of Masks
High-Arch-Heretic, The Fallen one
Ex Inquisitor, Former Priest
Current score: 2240 points
Wolfman2006

Postby Ethan Talbot » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:02 pm

"Collected amongst us are some of the most diverse of skills I have ever seen amongst any collection of skills, and not in the least they're martial."

*Pastor Talbot stand sup and walks about as he speaks*

"We are forty plus strangers in a very small town quite literally in the middle of nowhere and many of the troubles we have I would assume have been brought with us like so much luggage. We have the miners disappearing, the miners being physically assaulted and intimidated at a certain point we have to wonder where the local costabulatory is!"

Dr. Sinclair I understand your motivations and I feel as if we have an obligation to these people to deal with what has been wrought upon their doorstep. I worry the local authorities may not be able to handle dealing with the the criminal element and I feel like our problems have not even reached its zenith. We need to decide as a community how we are to conduct ourselves and the consequences of our decisions. If people do truly wish to take the fight to these gangs then we must do so as intelligently as possible if the locals are overhwlmed we have the skills to deal with this, if we recieve permission to deal with them in more extreme methods then we do when necessary.

We cannot just sit back and await Providence to make a move when people are suffering, we either take that step forward or sit back and await their fate. We have to decide for ourselves next gather as a priority.
Pastor Ethan Talbot, Shield of Chayodyne
Score: 1455 Why's it so warm? Why am I in this hand-basket?
Ethan Talbot

Postby Dr.Elden » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:01 am

From the back of the room, a familiar voice chimes in. Dr.Elden steps over, the flickering glow behind his 'mouth' having grown stronger in the past few months, barely seeming to waver now as he speaks.

"Forgive me gentlemen, if I am somewhat uninformed. Am I mistaken in my recollection that upon our third day in this quiet little town we were visited by a member of the local constabulatory? Where is this individual now? Perhaps his absence points to a more sinister series of events at the hands of either the local gangs or this burgeoning cult among the townspeople. I think that someone skilled in such things should perhaps look into the wherabouts of our wayward constable."
Dr. Elden Tyrel
Dr.Elden

Postby Dr. Ryan Cobb » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:54 pm

Dr. Cobb emerges from the comfortable sofa lounge located near the ice box with a sheepish smile on his face.

"Well, I can see when I'm not welcome," he says as puts on his bowler. "I guess I'll be off. I'll make sure to tell Mr. Beckett of the issue with the miners."

He turns to leave, but stops. Holding his index finger in the air as if he just had a idea. He turns to face the priest.

"Oh and Father? I'd hate to give the impression that your words have frightened me off club grounds. I would certainly like to discuss the matter of my morality at length. It might be a while though, I'm awfully busy making a difference."

Dr. Cobb smiles and scratches the back of his head, just under the brim of his hat.
Dr. Ryan Cobb

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Landry's Social Club