Requested Reaserch

Requested Reaserch

Postby The Nameless Fury » Mon May 02, 2011 11:56 am

The Professor walks into the club and places down a sheet of paper and a pen upon a table.

"To my fellows in Greyhook as one of the learned of the Greyhook community I think it would benefit all to have someplace where the people of town who are interested can ask for help in getting things researched. This list is in no way formal private or a guarantee that you will be able to get anything done but it is a start. So if you do have any questions you wished researched you may write them down here as well as and coin you wish to put to the effort. Any academics who can may make a note that they will look into the issue. I understand that some people might not wish to have such things posted so publicly. If you wish you may feel free to contact me privately and I will do what I can to help."
No, just Professor.
The Nameless Fury

Re: Requested Reaserch

Postby littlebluefae » Mon May 02, 2011 1:03 pm

"L.O.R.E. 1138 can help with that," pipes up the odd, small creature by the table where the tea kettle has been left. "I hope I might even have an answer by July if you need it that badly. L.O.R.E. also understands being Poor, and thus if the matter is of that much importance then I am ...*happy* to work for free or donation."
L.O.R.E. (Living Organism of Repairable Estate) 1139
littlebluefae

Postby The Nameless Fury » Mon May 02, 2011 1:18 pm

"Thank you Lore, Though the issue with money was more in the cost of the research itself. If somebody is short of funds and the issue is of importance to the town. I am sure a grant could be requested from the research fund."
No, just Professor.
The Nameless Fury

Postby Tristan » Thu May 12, 2011 4:37 pm

"There is a matter that has occured to me," Tristan says, less at ease amongst academics than others. "I don't know if it's important...but I'm certainly curious about it. I will leave it to you to decide if you think it worth the time and effort.

"It's been suggested to me that those of my ...affliction...have some sort of connection with Magi and Faithful. I've heard enough evidence to think this true...as strange a match as it seems to be.

"I wonder if maybe the connection can be tracked back to Phenex and the other two angels. If Phenex blesses the faithful, then perhaps Magi and Damphyr are related to the other two? If the angel of knowledge was trapped by a song, then perhaps Magi and their resonance are related?

"If these are so, then maybe there is something that can be learned about me and my...ilk...by studying the last angel. "
Tristan Thackary
of the Baronial Estate of Water's Edge,
Kingdom of Alden.
Tristan

Postby Dr.Elden » Fri May 13, 2011 8:58 am

<Elden's voice emerges from the doorway beside the fire as he enters from outside, one shadow seperating from the rest.>

A very interesting hypothesis Tristan. You may wish to speak with Mr. Warrick and Pastor Talbot, as I believe they have done quite a bit of research into the nature of Damphyr and may have isolated the vector for this 'link'. From what little I know, it is a compound that is found in the blood, but beyond that I am afraid I must claim ignorance.

<He walks over to the paper and makes a note with the provided pen.>

Most here know that I am a doctor, but my own skills are somewhat more versatile than a simple sawbones. If anyone is in need of having texts of extreme age translated, I may be able to assist. I am versed in Syzygian as well as Ventian.

Also, if in your academic persuits you come across items of an arcane nature that are.. dangerous. Please let me know, I have ways to dispose of such items safely so that they can not be abused or endanger others.
Dr. Elden Tyrel
Dr.Elden

Postby Deadbolt » Mon May 16, 2011 11:34 pm

Deadbolt looks up from the table where he is cleaning his rifle, a green pulse from the tubes lining it cast an eerie shadow across his faceplate. Around his weapon are several metal rods with bristles on them, a thin-bladed knife, a rag, an open bottle of gun oil, and two extra cartriges with a box of bullets. He was listening to the conversation, and while the talk of damphyrs and magi didn't concern him he still considered the Professor's offer.

"I do have a question," he said, standing and walking towards the Professor. "It is nothing too important, however, but I am wondering as to the uses of a particular item I found during a skirmish a few weeks ago." He reached into his trech coat's pocket and pulled out a strange-looking rock. "I have looked into several texts about this rock and have only been able to learn that it is called a Sideral Rock. Beyond this I haven't the faintest idea what it is or how to use it, I have only gathered that it is typically used for talismanry. None of the talismanry texts I referenced, however, gave me uses. If someone could aid me in finding a use I would be grateful and willing to pay a small amount for the trouble. The fact that this is a rather rare object means might be able to be of use if I can find a way to use it properly."
Deadbolt

Postby littlebluefae » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:06 am

"Do all of us who have the ability to research and the means: done so? We should all be as ready as we can for the gathering soon befalling us shortly after Autumn's Equinox."
L.O.R.E. (Living Organism of Repairable Estate) 1139
littlebluefae

Return to Board index

Return to Landry's Social Club