Creation, as Recorded in the Book of Phenex Through new eyes

Re: Creation, as Recorded in the Book of Phenex Through new eyes

Postby Alan » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:50 am

::He turns his gaze to hi fellow Murder-Bot.::

"Regardless of the details SPADE, I do think our rates will have to go up. It is going to get very, busy, here in the 'Hook."

::Looks back to those assembled.::

"Also, if anyone knows how to contact Mr. Rivet, would you please let me know? I have need to speak with him briefly."
"Is that a book?"

"No, he is the only Academic I allow to read."

Score::305.
Alan

Postby Dr. Ryan Cobb » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:52 pm

Dr. Cobb stands near the door. A confused look on his face.

"I'm sorry...what are we talking about?"
Dr. Ryan Cobb

Postby Alan » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:57 pm

::Turns to the new arrival.::

"Creation and the shaking of the fundamental pillars of human faith."
"Is that a book?"

"No, he is the only Academic I allow to read."

Score::305.
Alan

Postby Molly Mayweather » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:00 pm

Molly sat with her arms crossed over her belly and answered Dr. Cobb. "A voice tells us we are not what we thought we were." Raising her hands half as a shrug and half like a prayer, she continued, "And Adephon wept to hear."
Molly Mayweather

Postby Miss Peri West » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:18 pm

Miss West looks up from the couch, where she has ensconced herself with her knitting,

"Apologies for the confusion, Dr. Cobb. We've had a bit of a disconcerting revelation, and everyone is taking the news in a different way. You might want to sit down.

"The short version is this: recently, many of us were recruited by one of the Outlanders to help access and send a message from a ship which had crashed. It turned out that the ship was a space-faring vessel named the I.S.S. Phenex. Our mechanics contacted a sister ship, the Agares. It appears that what we believed were three angels of The Almighty -- Phenex, Agares and Raum -- are actually three ships sent to explore Ayos a millennium ago.

"That is, I suppose, the gist of it, or at least my interpretation. Right now, several of us are attempting to sort through what we know of history and theology in light of this new information."
"Nullus est liber tam malus ut non aliqua parte prosit."
--Pliny the Younger
Miss Peri West

Postby Dr. Ryan Cobb » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:20 pm

"I think I'm going to need to start drinking again."
Dr. Ryan Cobb

Postby Ethan Talbot » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:33 pm

*Stumbling into the tavern after the conversation has already gotten started Talbot pours through the door, unshaven, eyes bloodshot, plopping down on one of the tables listening to the conversation. He orders a drink only to pour something from a silver flask in it as if rotgut wasn't enough for him. He rests his head upon the table muttering to himself.*

"Been keepin' busy enough for the both of us the last few days Cobb!"

*The sound of his own voice seems to trigger another headache as he slowly lets his head drop back down.*
Pastor Ethan Talbot, Shield of Chayodyne
Score: 1455 Why's it so warm? Why am I in this hand-basket?
Ethan Talbot

Postby Raven » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:16 pm

*She moves a bit stiffly from her post where she had been leaning against the doorframe looking outside to Pastor Talbot’s side where she cocks her head in confusion to his obvious state of unrest, she lifts her hand and awkwardly if not a bit more forcefully than she should she pats him on the shoulder, and gives him a toothy grin*

“Faith in oneself is the best and safest course.”

*Pausing for a moment to think and as if she was looking a bit proud of herself for perhaps saying anything at all she goes and fetches the Pastor a drink of water and sits near him, placing the glass next to him*

Raven

Postby Zero » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:50 am

Zero looks over the paper and then turns to Galatea

"of course. I do believe a private conversations is in order."
658 Points...
Zero

Postby Dr.Elden » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:28 pm

Dr.Elden chuckles softly, hearing Raven's words to the pastor. "Once again you grace us with simple wisdom Lady Raven. Thank you."

He crosses the table and sits opposite Talbot, steepling his hands on the table. "A very wise man once told me that faith is simply a measure of the strength of a persons belief. It does not matter what they believe in, just that they believe. In the end we all answer for our deeds before the harshest of judges, ourselves."

Looking around he speaks slightly louder, clearly intending for those nearby to hear. "Myths and legends are often based in fact, but can become twisted and obscured through translation and time. The revelations of the origin of Phenex have not changed anything. Phenex is as it has always been. All that has changed is our perception of her. Yes, her. The ISS Phenex is as much an individual as you or I. However her situation bothers me tremendously."

He stands, and begins to pace back and forth. "The Outlander Lt.Commander insisted that she was crazy. I, like many here in town am a professional doctor and I believe that this is simply untrue. He spoke of 'turning her off' when he left, and she pleaded with him not to leave her 'alone again'. We would not stand for this treatment of any individual. Something must be done. Size and form are irrelevant. Phenex needs our help."

He stops suddenly, catching a glimpse of a certian spider armed outlander through the tavern window. "Nothing has changed but us. We simply are seeing what has always been. I will let you know if I learn more.." He heads for the door, clearly intending on following the outlander.
Dr. Elden Tyrel
Dr.Elden

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Landry's Social Club