let's throw a party

Re: let's throw a party

Postby Molly Mayweather » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:57 pm

Molly hands the small bag to Raven, which contains a white braided headband that looks handmade, though not expertly. "Because it sucks getting your hair in your face when you're a long-haired fighter girl," Molly explains with a grin. "Plus, it'll look so nice on you!"

As more people pile in, she smiles a greeting to them and thanks each one as they hand her a gift. She gives a devious look to the bottle of whisky and snickers at the greasy wrench before putting it in a pocket with her others.

Molly's hands clap together in excitement then carefully takes the small, decorated box Sinclair offers her. She looks at it for a moment then turns those big brown eyes up at the doctor. "Where did you get strawberries in Greyhook?" Molly asks in wonder, then gives him a soft hug and a wide smile. "Thank you."

Raven gets her attention next. Molly grins. "I'm glad the Professor gave you some good coaching before today, and thank you," she says, taking the gift from her. "I hope you're having a fun first birthday, Raven." She takes a long look around the room, delighted at other people enjoying themselves as well and nods slightly to herself. The mechanic finishes saying hello and thank you to Dr. Tyrel--amused at his confusion--before sitting down and setting to open Sinclair's strawberry-print bag and the green box from Raven.
Molly Mayweather

Postby Raven » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 pm

*she nods carefully unwrapping each gift she receives after confirming in fact there is more inside each one, clearly distracted by the wrapping papers themselves which she also folds up and holds onto after each gift is revealed. She doesn’t seem very sure of what to do with the whiskey or punch but politely thanks those who gave them and accepts several cups of water from Dr. Tyrel, while hugging the Dhampir doll tight she unwraps Dr. Sinclair’s bag to reveal a small silver whistle and a first aid kit that she instantly puts around her neck and ties to her yellow belt*

*She doesn’t speak much except for profusely thanking everyone and practically glowing with happiness, she soon tucks into a seat across from Molly who, when she opens the green box reveals a large red flower which has been clearly dried and is slightly crumpled but bright red, looking a little bashful Raven quietly explains*

“That is from our second gathering in Shadeheath… after the air ship crashed we had to do a Faith ritual with hope to lift an anchor… this flower made it so we could fly here to Greyhook…. There were others… but this was my flower. Its not magical… it might have been very happy in Shadeheath but we plucked it and I held onto it ever since. This was our hope… where hope grows miracles blossom. I want to give this to you because I have hope in you."
Raven

Postby Project 424 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:43 pm

424 enters the Social Club. With a soft smile, her eyes focus adjusting to the light in the hall. Her gaze lingers over the decorations, the people gathered, then shift to the bulletin board.

Visibly, her expression changes to one of understanding almost as she turns towards the door. She says politely. "Please excuse me. I will be back in a moment."

With the soft rustle of fabric and a faint static crackle, the Silver Automata leaves the Club.
Time will tell.
Project 424

Postby Project 424 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:30 am

424 returns about an hour later, holding two flowers cleverly made from fabric.

She gives one in turn to each of the birthday girls and smiles softly. She says "If you would be so kind as to indulge me. I've composed a poem to commemorate the day."

She stands tall and raises her voice, it resonates clear and loud through the club.

"Deep in the wilds
is an untamed place
Where nothing is mild
or slow of pace

Two lovely young seeds
of different race
arrived at different speeds
in hopes of free space

There was Raven
Who's dances with grace
in this unnatural haven
Shy and out of place

There was Molly
with her handy tool case
afraid of folly
and wide eyed of face

These two young ones
planted in this place
in view of the sun’s
light with plenty of space

Slow at first
Then in a quicker pace
the two did burst
their knowledge base

Raven grew strong
and sure, easy to place
dancing among the throng
of foes on the chase

Molly's confidence
Rising at a rapid pace
With unique evidence
In an mechanical race

On this winter day
of remembrance
With tribute to pay
We sing and dance

And so we many dwellers
by the fireplace nook
Toast to two beautiful Flowers
in the Garden of Greyhook"

She smiles fondly upon the two young women.
Time will tell.
Project 424

Postby Molly Mayweather » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:48 am

Molly grins at the mechanical components that she pulls out of Neil's second gift, chattering to him about how she had gotten some help with the cake from a lady in town--actually, from the mother of those twins you delivered last year, you remember? She leans back toward where he's standing and asks him something quietly, under the din of the tavern, with a hint of slyness in her smile.

She comes to Raven's gift and lifts the green lid. Seeing the fragile flower, she raises it out of the box carefully and catches a slight whiff of what the blossom used to smell like. Molly seems deeply touched by Raven's explanation. "That might be one of the nicest things anyone's ever said to me," she replies, reaching across to give the Dhamphir's hand a gentle squeeze. "Thank you, Raven."

When 424 comes back, Molly takes the fabric flower and adds it to her small bouquet. Her cheeks color a bit when 424 mentions the Molly of two years ago, the girl with wide eyes who never closed them. When the automata finishes, Molly laughs and tells her how great that was!
Molly Mayweather

Postby Dr. Sinclair » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:18 pm

Dr. Sinclair talks to molly but his voice didnt carry over the din. he huged back molly and kissed her on the cheek. by the looks on his face he was approving. he then applauded to 424's poem when she finished . "here here, thats an great poem 424" he said as he pick up a mug from one of the tables. "a toast to molly and raven." he lifted his mug " To the Two most vibrant Flowers of Grayhook. Heres to Molly and Raven" he drinks from his mug "cheers"
Dr. Cornelius Sinclair M.D.
Dr. Sinclair

Postby Raven » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:00 am

*Raven smiles to Molly and then listens intently to 424 as she reads her poem, when she finishes Raven pauses in thought and then applauds happily grinning from ear to ear, she then feverishly dashes to a corner of the room, grabs a leather bound book and pen that seemed to have be tucked away and then returns to sit and feverishly write in the book, perhaps the poem so she won't forget? She pauses only breifly to raise her glass of water to Dr. Sinclair's toast, adding in*

" Thank you Molly for sharring you special day with me. And for throwing this party... To many more!"

*she raises her glass to her lips and hesitates for only a moment a flash of sadness passing over her face before drinking deeply*
Raven

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Landry's Social Club