A Dimly Lit Booth

Re: A Dimly Lit Booth

Postby Mr. G » Fri May 14, 2010 7:51 pm

"It aint's no savage beatin's." He grunts. "Not unless the bout gets interestin's. Bareknuckle usually gets 'em down fast. And no's, I picks 'em, outta fairness sake, so's that folk don't try to throw the match n' the likes. Wouldn't wants that now would we?"
Mr. G

Postby aryk the dark » Fri May 14, 2010 8:03 pm

"you sure are a cheeky fellow" says vladimir directing his comment towards the robed man. "maybe you phenexians should stop your xenophobic, hellfire and brimstone babble and try opening up your eyes to the fact we are all on the same side no matter what race you come from"continues Vladimir.
aryk the dark

Postby Captain Spinderhawk » Fri May 14, 2010 9:41 pm

"Ladies. Gentlemen." Captain Spinderhawk smiles widely at each of those present in turn. "If I may, I would point out that I have taken this table, and this bottle, in an effort to savor a fine evening of good cheer. If people wish to have words, far be it from me to interfere. I would simply ask that you do so...elsewhere. If you wish to remain and share in my fine evening, feel free. Have we an understanding?"
Captain Spinderhawk

Postby Ethan Talbot » Sat May 15, 2010 12:02 am

*Unsurprised by very much anything Father Sahaal he smiles at the mention of pugilism thinking of the possibilites before snapping back at the Captain's more than reasonable request*

"Oh of course Captain my apologies, come Father perhaps we should sit and I will try to catch you up on the comings and goings of Greyhook as we know it. No need to remain all stuck in the past as the world changes you know?" *Ethan beckons the robed cleric over to a table closer to the door taking out his book of sermons and notes trying to organize his things, coughing nastily into his handkerchief before putting it away."

"Come sit, and know me better Brother Sahaal."
Pastor Ethan Talbot, Shield of Chayodyne
Score: 1455 Why's it so warm? Why am I in this hand-basket?
Ethan Talbot

Postby Wolfman2006 » Sat May 15, 2010 1:23 am

Addressing the Mr. G
"Ah of course, such a sporting event would require a less bias system I suppose, unfortunate though at the possibilities lost."

Looking at first a little astonished, then more amused at the newcomers statement, Father Sahaal’s face light’s up with a mock joy that reeks of very thinly veiled sarcasm.
"Thank goodness such a wise and enlightened fellow such as yourself has come to show me the error in my ways! How foolish of me, a mere humble priest of the Church of Phenex to presume that I had a better understanding of the Almighty’s intentions.”

Dropping the tone and expression
“A word to the clearly not-so-wise: it’s not considered intelligent to preach heresy to a man of the Cloth. Now if you will excuse me, Mr. Talbot and I are relocating lest we make our presence over welcome to the good Captain’s hospitality. I too would have trouble… maintaining civility with such company as yourself present.”

While walking towards a smaller booth
"Brother Sahaal? I understand the brotherhood of times of turmoil but since when do you feel you have the right to adress me as...."
The Lord Solomon Sahaal of Loreard, Consort to the Queen
Acolyte of the Scion of Masks
High-Arch-Heretic, The Fallen one
Ex Inquisitor, Former Priest
Current score: 2240 points
Wolfman2006

Postby walking_blasphemy » Sat May 15, 2010 3:16 am

Spyder raises his glass to Spinderhawk.
"Finer words had not been spoken thus. Call me a fool, but I'm startin to like you Cap'n."

He smirks casting his glance to Sahaal as he walks away.

"One thing, preacher... I never claimed to be upstanding. I'm a monster. I embrace that... And frankly... You revel in my presence as an affirmation of your beliefs. So enjoy my company Father. Bless us all and save us from ourselves... "
He laughs
"Cause gods above n' below know we're all damned. Every last one of us."
"WHat do we Want?!"
"... TREASURE!!!"
"WHen do we WAnt IT!?"
".... e... eventually...?"
walking_blasphemy

Postby aryk the dark » Sat May 15, 2010 6:20 am

"sorry captain, i just don't like bigots" says Vladimir as he sits to take another swig of vodka.
aryk the dark

Postby Emily Alice Thatcher » Wed May 19, 2010 2:44 am

Emily follows the robed monk with her big blue eyes, squinting them slightly as he speaks. Without looking at Spinderhawk, she addresses him.

"Thank you for reminding us, Captain. You are quite kind. I must...I must be off. I apparently have to keep some boys from telling ghost stories and remind them to play nice."

She proceeds to down the rest of her small silver flask, store it in her pocket, and follow the holy men away.
Emily Alice Thatcher, formerly Private Thomas Thatcher of the King's Navy
Master Mechanic, Novice Surgeon, and Scientist Extraordinaire.
"She can fix everything but broken hearts."
Emily Alice Thatcher

Postby NatMaxwell » Wed May 19, 2010 10:52 pm

Nathaniel wanders into the tavern and brushes off his jacket a bit of dust and leaves falling onto the doorway. Tugging out his flask, he settles down into an empty chair, giving a raise of the flask in greeting to the group sitting in back.
Detective Nathaniel Maxwell
Faithful/Investigator
NatMaxwell

Postby Jack Graft » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:21 am

The stitched man ambles in, holding his head, which bears new staples. " Well THAT was a waste of time," rasps jack. "Next time I opt for brain surgery, tell me its just a bad idea..."
~Lt. J. Graftanimus
"I can help you with that. I know a guy."
Jack Graft

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Howard's Tap