A Phenxian and a Shield walk into a bar

Re: A Phenxian and a Shield walk into a bar

Postby Marcellus » Thu May 20, 2010 7:43 pm

"All plans in their own time, good Professor." Marcellus replies warmly. "Good heavens, is that another penny dreadful written about Captain Spinderhawk? The man is more prolific in print than Phenex himself!"
Marcellus

Postby Jake Curien » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:53 am

A uniformed Volskagradian with sword and pistol at his sides and rifle slung over his back thumps down unceremoniously at the booth. Grease and soot smear his hands and face (though his uniform remains somehow immaculate) and his cap is askew. He carelessly rests his feet on the nearest empty chair and says:

"Solomon! good to finally see you again. Judgin' by the snatches of conversation I been hearin', sounds like I missed out on a whole mess a' fun lately." His nasal confederate twang belies his clothing, though if anyone ever said confederates couldn't join the Imperial Army, he seems not to have gotten the memo.
Lieutenant Yakov Curien, 3rd Platoon, 3rd Company, 2nd Batallion, Nevidimyj Polk
Jake Curien

Postby Wolfman2006 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:40 am

Looking up with surprise and pleasure, the priest signals the Barkeep
"Barkeep; a round of the finest Volksgradian swill you have to offer if you please"

Looking up his old friend with a practiced eye
"Jake, it is has indeed been some time. I trust you have been fairing well? Are you still traveling with those charming abominations of piracy under Captain Spyder? Yes my affairs here have been interesting and eventful to say the least, and I am not alone in that claim."
The Lord Solomon Sahaal of Loreard, Consort to the Queen
Acolyte of the Scion of Masks
High-Arch-Heretic, The Fallen one
Ex Inquisitor, Former Priest
Current score: 2240 points
Wolfman2006

Postby Jake Curien » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:39 pm

"Now now, Solomon. 'Abomination' ain't really their fault. Just bad luck and cursed circumstances. When I met 'em they were hale and hearty as could be. And yeah, I been travellin with em a while now, and I aim to keep on at least until I can pay back what I owe."

"So, catch me up padre. Any enemies of the motherland to gut around here, or just your normal, everyday backwater horror? I tell ya, sometimes it just don't pay to fight your way outta bed in the morning."
Lieutenant Yakov Curien, 3rd Platoon, 3rd Company, 2nd Batallion, Nevidimyj Polk
Jake Curien

Postby Wolfman2006 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:21 am

"Personal responsibility or not it changes not what they are, just ask my own Resurrected: Gregor. He would be happy to tell you of all the reasons he is an abomination of flesh. Just be sure to keep an eye on your hat and scalp too for that matter, I can't seem to get him to shake his obsession with collecting them. But that is another matter".

"I have not encountered any direct enemies or threats to Volksgradian security to my knowledge. Although a group of Volksgradian soldiers has taken residence here in Greyhook, calling themselves "Squad Two". I have not yet heard directly what their mission or intentions are here, but perhaps they can tell you more. Ah of course there is the possibility of a third Pirate war under the Vampire Revnik. If such a thing were to come to pass I doubt Volksgrad would remain unscathed. But I am sure your new traveling companions know far more than I regarding piracy however."

"I could and shall inform you of what I have witnessed if that is what you wish. Much more is speculation and theory, who knows perhaps your own insights could add to it. Would you care for a brief summary of the highlights, then perhaps a recount on your travels?"
The Lord Solomon Sahaal of Loreard, Consort to the Queen
Acolyte of the Scion of Masks
High-Arch-Heretic, The Fallen one
Ex Inquisitor, Former Priest
Current score: 2240 points
Wolfman2006

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Howard's Tap