On innocence

Re: On innocence

Postby Gregor » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:53 pm

*Gregor comes bursting through the Tavern doors covered in sweat and blood. He has his sword sheathed and is holding two and a half lifeless squirrels in one hand. After looking around for a few seconds his gaze becomes fixed on a lone plate at the table he was at earlier when he was giving some wise advice to a dear friend. Gregor moves swiftly yet he does not call attention to himself. He quickly grabs the plate and empties the contents into a pouch on his belt then turns around and yells*

"Father! The tree is smitten and I have dinner for the Retinue!"

*Gregor turns around and looks eagerly for praise from his mentor.*
Gregor
Sahaal's Faithful Servant, Freelance Physician, Academic Extraordinar, Bride to be? And Greyhooks Longest Serving Deputy

Score: 781
Gregor

Postby Raven » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:59 pm

*a resounding yet short clapping is heard for the announcement as the pale woman in the dress gives Gregor a toothy smile, she slowly crawls out from under the table that she had slowly creped under during the talkings and the readings, she pulls herself up to her full height and says to no one in particular with a distant almost dead look in her eyes*

“Those who improve with age embrace the power of personal growth and personal achievement and begin to replace youth with wisdom, innocence with understanding, and lack of purpose with self-actualization.”

*she blinks, turns and retrieves her sword and shield from the floor and admires them, her tone is serious and low*

“Justice is always violent to the party offending, for every person is innocent in his own eyes.”

*she looks pointedly at Sahaal and then to Gregor her features blank, she pauses for only a few moments and she then moves swiftly and smoothly to Pastor Talbot’s side by the door and almost whispers to his ear*

“Once you start asking questions, innocence is gone.”

*she gives him a small smile, claps him on the shoulder and on her way out the door speaks one last time*

“Time to go play in dark places!”
Raven

Postby Wolfman2006 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:24 am

With no attempts to hide the lack of actual appreciation or praise the priest addresses his retainer without even looking at him. His response is borderline automatic, as if either said multiple times or perhaps a prepared statement.

"Well done Gregor, truly blessed am I to have such a servant. May the Almighty's pleasure at your success be a generous and just reward."

Turning briefly and noticing the dead squirrels in his hand for the first time.

"And as a reward from me personally for vanquishing the heretic Tree, hopefully for good this time, let the dinner you have collected be for yourself. You have earned such a treat, I shall see to the Retinue's evening meal personally."

Turning to Raven, he looks at her coldly and pointedly. Studying her for several moments as if trying to come to a conclusion of her true mental state.

"Why yes, Innocence does grow into experience, and youth is eventually replaced with wisdom. If it is allowed to do so naturally, I stand against for such things being forced upon one who is not ready for such a transition. There is a distinct difference between the growth of.... "

The Priest sighs, and quickly rubs his eyes with his fingers. Looking between his Retainer and Raven, he gives the faintest hint of a smile.

"Gregor, I have one additional reward for you, Raven here wants to play in dark places. Why don't you go join her, perhaps you can share your dinner with her too."
The Lord Solomon Sahaal of Loreard, Consort to the Queen
Acolyte of the Scion of Masks
High-Arch-Heretic, The Fallen one
Ex Inquisitor, Former Priest
Current score: 2240 points
Wolfman2006

Postby Gregor » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:46 am

*Gregor hears Father Sahaals words and he thinks of all the possibilities that are now presented to him. Dark places? There are so many dark places in Greyhook and Gregor is excited to find out which one he will follow Raven to. Gregor then runs out of the tavern toward Raven while excitedly asking*

"Where are we gonna go? What are we gonna do? Will there be anything I can bring back for Father? "

*Gregor's voice slowly fades away as he speaks until he is no longer heard inside the tavern.*
Gregor
Sahaal's Faithful Servant, Freelance Physician, Academic Extraordinar, Bride to be? And Greyhooks Longest Serving Deputy

Score: 781
Gregor

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Howard's Tap