On innocence

Re: On innocence

Postby Wolfman2006 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:22 pm

Giving a genuine if solemn smile

"You do just that Miss Mayweather and I have no doubt you will find what you seek. Do your best to learn what I have give you, later we will continue further down the road of penance together."

The Priest moves as if to stand up, but suddenly changes his mind and faces Miss Mayweather once more. His expression and voice looses some of its warmth, and fluctuates to a deadpan coolness.

"Miss Mayweather, I do have one question for you if you are willing to answer it. Who was it that pressured you into such an act? Only to mock your righteous and noble feelings afterwards? I think it best if they were spoken to, lest they continue to say such terrible things to good people."
The Lord Solomon Sahaal of Loreard, Consort to the Queen
Acolyte of the Scion of Masks
High-Arch-Heretic, The Fallen one
Ex Inquisitor, Former Priest
Current score: 2240 points
Wolfman2006

Postby Molly Mayweather » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:40 pm

Molly put a finger to her lips and closed her eyes in thought. "I remember Alexei was the one who paralyzed the woman, and I was just going to knock her unconscious. I remember he was one of the people who said to kill her, and I remember wondering why he wanted me to do it when he could take two steps and do it himself, but... I don't think he was being malicious. The people who laughed were sitting on the porch behind me getting patched up, but I don't know who they are because I couldn't look at them," she babbled, opening her eyes again, "and there was all this confusion going on. And Anton sounded all disappointed and said, 'Congratulations, Molly. You are now an adult.' And I screamed at him." The last part she said with a measure of regret. "I think he said that more to everyone else than to me, to point out that it didn't have to happen. Shouldn't have." She was quiet another minute. "Sorry, Father. I don't remember anything else."
Molly Mayweather

Postby Wolfman2006 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:25 pm

Father Sahaal listens intently, face more neutral than caring. When Molly finishes, he sheds his lack of emotion to give her one last encouraging smile.

"Thank you Miss Mayweather, that shall do for now. Please try to let your mind be at ease for the time being. We will continue later, for now I leave yourself in the good company of 424. Perhaps she can help occupy you with something that falls apart or explodes or something. Remember that the only opinion that truly matters, is the Almighty's and your own. Ladies, if you will excuse me.

The priest stands up, nods at 424 and walks over to Pastor Talbot. He stands next to him and without looking at him speaks quietly and impassively, eyes trained on the Resurrected outside.

"Thank you for the discretion, this is the sort of thing I feared as a result of open and direct confrontation with the Gangs. It won't be the end of the repercussions, once that particular door has been open is it very difficult to shut. Even with the Falconi's power and influence broken, we now bear a reputation of trouble shooters comfortable with violence. How long until the other gangs see us as a threat? Or the so called Divine Camleon Empire's forces? Or the Cultists get serious and try to eradicate us? This I fear is but the beginning."
Wolfman2006

Postby Sheriff 005 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:58 am

Sheriff 005 with his cranial audio receiver aimed at the pair makes no effort to hide his evesdropping. Hearing the father talk elicits a hearty if not rusty laugh.

Just the beginning? There ain't no beginning and there ain't no end. If that girl stickin a gangmember is the worst you had to deal with yous damn lucky. If you keep pushin they gonna push back. Kill their leader and the next one just steps up. Its the eternal cycle a crime. Things gonna get worse, I can tell ya that much.

005 leans back and pulls his hat lower over his face.
Sheriff 005.
Sheriff 005

Postby Ethan Talbot » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:38 am

"For as long as man, beast, and dark power have the inkling to take what is not their own, Greyhook shall be under seige Father Sahaal."

*Pastor Talbot's voice seems to be drained of mirth and his jovial nature.*

"It's something I myself have been struggling with for a time. I hadn't so much of pointed a gun at anyone before I came to Greyhook and under the guise of necessity I have killed, many of us have. It's second nature for most of us to run them through and take their things, we don't know who they are or why they're here, only that they are here and will kill us if we stand against them."

"I offer last rites to the dead, theirs and our own, because perhaps there is some good left in there that needs help. I pray for those we have slain no matter because I feel we sin in the process. Ms. Merryweather's hurt is almost... refreshing, to see some of us have not gone completely. If we don't stand against these threats the town is subjigated, expl0ited, and others killed for own sheepishness. If we do fight and win it is only by killing them, each direction has the copper taste of blood... At least some of us can still feel pained by it still."
Pastor Ethan Talbot, Shield of Chayodyne
Score: 1455 Why's it so warm? Why am I in this hand-basket?
Ethan Talbot

Postby Project 424 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:46 am

With a polite nod to Father Sahaal, 424 turns to smile at Molly fondly. She speaks softly.
"You are blessed with free-will. Don't let anyone ever take that away." She pauses for a moment and says with a wink. "If they try, kick them in the shins. If you don't feel comfortable with that, come find me. I was created to protect ones such as yourself."
Time will tell.
Project 424

Postby Wolfman2006 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:50 pm

Eyes still remaining on his dim witted Retainer outside, the priest speaks without turning his head. His voice gets quieter and his eyes grow distant and unfocused, as if he is someplace far away in his own mind.

“Worse? Yes, I imagine so. However there is very little that I consider worse than the loss of one’s innocence and the rude awakening to survival on Ayos. The Almighty has a plan for us; it is our lot to suffer and to inflict suffering upon others. Someone who was fortunate enough to escape such a life should be treasured, as they represent the best of humanity without the need for necessary sin. Not everyone was meant to do what is needed. It is crucial that there are such people to remind us what we lost in the process.”

Closing his eyes momentarily, too long to be but a blink, he opens them and a new fiery strength has been lit behind them.

“For those of us whom have chosen to forsake such things, it is already too late. That said I will not tolerate such a burden inflicted on others. The dangers and threats may be many and fruitless to oppose. We may all die to tomorrow in spite of our defiance, and I will still not stand for such corruption of a pure soul again.”
Wolfman2006

Postby Molly Mayweather » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:14 pm

Molly was pointedly focused on 424 after Sahaal got up, as if she was done with the situation she came in with and those involved in it--for now. "Shin kicking, that I can do," she replied with a grin. Then her tone turned a bit more serious. "Ah, Four-Two-Four... While I have you here, there was something else that was confusing me. The business with the, ah..." She absently touched her cheek where a green smear had been and looked around. "Well, I know this is very important to you. Would you rather have this conversation someplace else?"
Molly Mayweather

Postby Project 424 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:25 pm

424's brow furrows very slightly, before her lips tug back smoothing her face into its usual pleasant expression. She nods. "I welcome the opportunity to speak with you." She gathers her knitting into a basket and withdraws her parasol, beginning to move through the sliding doors. "Shall we go for a walk, Mechanic Molly?"
Time will tell.
Project 424

Postby Molly Mayweather » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:29 pm

"Yes, please!" she said, getting up after the silver lady and leaving the plate forgotten on the table.
Molly Mayweather

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Howard's Tap