The Etymarchy's Ultimatum

Re: The Etymarchy's Ultimatum

Postby Miss Peri West » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:48 pm

Peri listens quietly to the heated debate with only the occasional raised eyebrow or slight twitch of her mouth. As Sahaal gets up to leave, she speaks up, "Inquisitor Sahaal, one more question, if you don't mind."

She waits a moment and then continues, "What do you want to accomplish? Not just in regard to the attempt on your life, but why are you here in Greyhook? To spread the word of Phenix? To convert people? To strike down those whom you consider heretics? To bring the light of hope that the Church can provide into a very dark place? If you have more than one goal, which one is most important to you?"

She looks down for a moment into her tea and then looks back up, "If you don't wish to answer the question in this company, I understand. If you don't wish to speak about this with me, I also understand. I am just attempting to reconcile your actions with what I perceive to be your goals, but I'd be the first to admit that I don't know you well enough to do so with any accuracy, hence my question."

Peri puts down her tea and waits with apparent calm.
"Nullus est liber tam malus ut non aliqua parte prosit."
--Pliny the Younger
Miss Peri West

Postby Enthusiastic_Emo » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:53 pm

Godric stands to leave right behind the Pastor, being silent for most of the conversation. Before he leaves, he calmly turns to Sahaal.

"Fath-, excuse me, Inquisitor Sahaal, I am sorry that you think that the Chayodyne Order is responsible for this. I assure you that I was not informed of any attack against you. If I come across any evidence, I will make sure you are informed.

I have been friendly towards you since we both arrived in Shadeheath. I respected you as a preacher then, and I respect you even more now as an Inquisitor. There are many lessons to be learned from your devotion to the faith. While I am not part of the church, I still believe that I can apply these lessons to better follow the Order.

However, if you ever threaten any of my friends again, I will be forced to act less-than-friendly towards you and your comrades. I cannot help someone who would do harm to my friends, myself, or the Order. Remember that."

He straightens his robes before walking through the door.
"And those seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
Enthusiastic_Emo

Postby Wolfman2006 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:05 am

The robed monk hand is on the door when Miss West speaks to him, he turns but before he can speak the white clad shield speaks as well. His expression darkens once again as he hears the words of a follower of Chayodyne speak to him.

"Let it be understood that the Chayodyne heretics have already broken the peace, my threats are not provoking violence, I have already been the victim of it. I am in hunt of justice, and righteous retribution for this betrayal. And those who dare imply otherwise are risking flaring that wrath as well."

Closing his eyes as he takes big deep breath, he turns to face Miss West directly.

"Miss West I will be happy to address your question, I will not however stand here and be threatened or criticized for seeking those who dare attack the church and myself. If you wish for an answer please feel free to join me or seek me out personally another time."

And with that the Inquisitor leaves the tavern allowing the door to slam in his wake.
The Lord Solomon Sahaal of Loreard, Consort to the Queen
Acolyte of the Scion of Masks
High-Arch-Heretic, The Fallen one
Ex Inquisitor, Former Priest
Current score: 2240 points
Wolfman2006

Postby Miss Peri West » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:50 am

Peri looks at the door for a moment, then she finishes off her cup of tea almost as if she were knocking back a shot of whiskey. She then gathers her knitting, gets up and heads out the door.
"Nullus est liber tam malus ut non aliqua parte prosit."
--Pliny the Younger
Miss Peri West

Postby Molly Mayweather » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:15 am

As the loudest member of the party left, the room almost sighed with the reverberations of the slamming door and ensuing quiet. "Well," said Molly from the middle of the room with a distinct measure of sarcasm, "that was exciting."
Molly Mayweather

Postby Ethan Talbot » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:50 am

*You know, while that was not the smartest move I have ever may, phenex above do I feel better now."

*Pastor Talbot looks sheepishly to the others gathered in the tavern, picking up his Greyhook-beaten hat and sighs.*

"I am sorry ya'll had to see that, there's been a lot of trouble brewing between the two of us and it just... well.... I can only stand so much of being told what to do knowing what kind of a man Sahaal is, my apologies for disturbing the peace, what little peace there is in Ayos anyways."
Pastor Ethan Talbot, Shield of Chayodyne
Score: 1455 Why's it so warm? Why am I in this hand-basket?
Ethan Talbot

Postby Molly Mayweather » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:53 am

"Whether declaring war on the entire universe was the right way to go about it or not, I think he's got a point," Molly replied.
Molly Mayweather

Postby Project 424 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:55 pm

424 walks into the Tavern, carrying her knitting basket over one arm and her buckler in the other hand. She seems to be blinking a little bit perhaps in confusion and surprise as the three people she passed on the way in left in quite a hurry.

She sets the basket on the table nearby Molly, and the buckler beside her on the floor. With a polite smile, she begins to knit.

"It appears something exciting happened in here recently."
Time will tell.
Project 424

Postby Ethan Talbot » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:13 pm

"Sort of... apparently a number of Chayodyne Shields made an attempt on Sahaal and so he declared all of the Chayodyne were of suspicsion and declared an attack on the whole Etrymarchy... I uhhh, didn't take kindly to that and got a little upset."

"And I may... after hearing that he was without any kind of proof... ormay not have called him an Inquisitoral Ass...."
Pastor Ethan Talbot, Shield of Chayodyne
Score: 1455 Why's it so warm? Why am I in this hand-basket?
Ethan Talbot

Postby Anton Ivanovich » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:10 pm

Anton looks up from his project on another table, pieces of metal that normally make up his left arm spread around making the surface look more like a pile of scrap than an eating area.

"You also said he's wearing a potato sack."

Anton chuckles as he goes back to his work briefly pausing as his considers a troublesome part.

"Molly could you help me with this valve? It's jammed again and I need two hands to clean it out."

Greyhook Militia Commander
Anton Ivanovich

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Howard's Tap