thoughts on paper

thoughts on paper

Postby Molly Mayweather » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:28 pm

Molly sighs through her nose, making an exaggerated pouting expression for a moment before she rests her elbow on the table and plops her chin in her hand. Her other hand goes back to tracing pencil lines on the paper.

Beside her is an emptied plate and scattered in the small table space she's claimed for the moment are more sketched-on papers. Pushed furthest out of the way are detailed schematics, some of them crumpled. Closer is a drawing of what could be an engine or heating system with arrows and notes all over it. On top of that is a goggled, cartoony aeronaut standing at the prow of an airship, scarf flapping in the wind.

Molly's pencil is still tracing over her last doodle of a small woman in an apron standing near a stove with a crabby expression. She seems to be waving a frying pan at a large man in coveralls across the page, sitting at a table that looks almost too small for him. He looks like he might be cowering from her, but wears a smirk. Between them sits a pig-tailed girl with a comedically large grin. Molly furrows her brows at the doodle.
Molly Mayweather

Re: thoughts on paper

Postby Project 424 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am

424 enters the club smelling slightly of sunshine, flowers and silver polish. She carries with her a basket of freshly picked flowers, a vine with dark green leaves and purple blossoms. After taking her usual assessment of the room she gently sits down across the table from Molly, setting her basket down on the bench beside her.

With a soft smile, she greets Molly.

Her silver fingers begin braiding the vines into a ring, carefully arranging the blossoms and leaves to point outward.

"How are you this morning, Miss Molly?"
Time will tell.
Project 424

Postby Molly Mayweather » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:50 am

Molly is so intent on the paper that she doesn't even notice 424 until she says something. With a start, she instinctively drops both arms on the table--over the drawing--and sits up. "Hm? Oh, hi, Four Two Four. I'm okay." She blows her bangs out of her face. "I should be working on this device here," she continues, picking up one of those further away schematics and showing it, "because I think we're gonna need it pretty soon, but it's not coming to me today." She wrinkles her nose at the schematic and drops it back on the table. "How're you? I like the flowers."
Molly Mayweather

Postby Project 424 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:59 am

With a soft smile, the silver automata nods.
"Maybe you just need a break to clear your mind?"

After a few moments, her deft fingers have completed the circlet. She reaches across and places it on Molly's hat.
"Perhaps a walk is in order?" She suggests, rising herself. "Or a pleasant sit in the fresh air?"

Casting one fond glance at the young Mechanic, Project 424 quietly makes her way to the door.
Time will tell.
Project 424

Postby Molly Mayweather » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:39 pm

Molly touches the flowery wreath around her hat as she watches 424 go. A break? "Maybe, but..." she says, leaving the rest of the sentence unsaid. She looks back down at the kitchen drawing in front of her, and then points her daydreams into the sun out the window, chin in hand.
Molly Mayweather

Postby Dr. Sinclair » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:53 pm

a man walks threw doors at Howards Tap with a book in his hands reading it. from a couple steps from the doors he looks up from his book. he then push up his glasses on his nose and Dr. Sinclair scans the room for a place to sit. he glances over to where Molly and 424 were sitting and walks on over to them. "Good evening ladies. how are you on this fine afternoon" he said with a smile
Dr. Cornelius Sinclair M.D.
Dr. Sinclair

Postby Molly Mayweather » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:13 pm

Noticing the doctor as he passes 424 on his way over, Molly's perturbed expression washes through a dreamy smile and back to mild frustration. "Distracted," she responds wryly. "I have important work to do, but it's not coming to me. Four Two Four thinks I should take a break," she gestures at the door 424 just left from, "and is trying to lure me outside with flower crowns." Molly picks up her pencil to make more small details to her drawing. "I think I should just keep working, but seems like all I'm good for today is dreaming and doodling," she says. "Maybe I'll just work the doodles out of my system...? I dunno."
Molly Mayweather

Postby Ethan Talbot » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:55 am

*Coming in from the front door Pastor Talbot pops through the doors a few moments after Dr. Sinclair. Carrying his trademark of far too many things he begins to put down his doctors bag, staff, long coat, hat, all with some kind of bought sweet roll in his mouth and attempts to speak.*

"Muhhhnin ebbeone..."
Pastor Ethan Talbot, Shield of Chayodyne
Score: 1455 Why's it so warm? Why am I in this hand-basket?
Ethan Talbot

Postby Dr. Sinclair » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:08 am

The good doctor smiles at her. Then he looks over to Pastor Talbot " hey Talbot, what did you just say. Try saying that again without food in your mouth. " he said chuckling " anyways do whatever what is nessicary molly. " Sinclair glances at the drawings and puting two things together. " Well I could tell your homesick or just missing ur parrents. If you like I would go with you and meet them. Maybe after next gather if you want.
Dr. Cornelius Sinclair M.D.
Dr. Sinclair

Postby Molly Mayweather » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:26 pm

"Hey, Pastor," she calls to him as he walks in. "You're gonna need a caddy for all that stuff pretty soon!"

Molly half smiles at the doctor, flipping the page around to show him. "Saw this, didja? My mum used to threaten Anton like that too when she thought he was being smart with her. She brought that old cast iron frying pan with her from Falls, and it could be as old as me. She could have beaten it into shape herself, it wouldn't surprise me. It was kinda terrifying, even scared off a burglar once with her yelling and waving that thing around like she knew how to use it," she chuckled. "When she gets going like that, Papa just pretends to be afraid, then quietly and smugly goes back to eating because he can get away with it. Me? No way." Molly scrunches up her face and with a nasal voice, "'Molly Anna Mayweather! What did I tell you about those boys?! Blah blah blah!'"

She rolls her eyes and sighs. "Yeah, I do miss them, Neil. It's been two years now, but I don't even know where they ARE to even think of visiting. They'd been put out of work when old Mr. Debataille died, and that's why I left. So they might not even be in Elenzio anymore and could be living anywhere. I've written home three times now, hoping the mail would find its way to them through someone else we knew, but I haven't heard anything besides the crew they supposedly sent to drag me home." Molly gazes back to her doodles. "I'm worried about them. But there are so many bigger things happening in Greyhook right now, that where is there even time or resources to deal with it?"
Molly Mayweather

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Howard's Tap