September 2011 Favorite Moments

September 2011 Favorite Moments

Postby Wolfman2006 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:42 am

1) Lore: "Why are you letting him talk?! The more he does the less likely we are to kill him!!"
2) A short lived but intense matter of Pride (and the insanity and powers that that came with it)
3) Baron Peppers dying as he lived: pushing all of his chips forward and playing for keeps
4) Seeing so many of my anticipated fears come to life and happen/begin before my eyes
5) Creepy as hell Scarecrows (that still use the Fear carrier! Huzzah, No Effect.)
6) Ezra's Volksgradian, always entertains the hell out of me. Anton's got a good buddy in that one.
7) The insane ramblings of our mad Thek. Well done. I am so going to kill you.
8) The often powerful Roleplay with Doctor Adams, Doctor Parker, Baroness Thackery, Tristan Thackery, Perri West, Jack Graft, Alan, Spade, and Pastor Talbot.
9) The developments with the Church playing out more prominently
10) The realization of what we discovered Sunday, and what it meant for Father/Inquisitor Sahaal
The Lord Solomon Sahaal of Loreard, Consort to the Queen
Acolyte of the Scion of Masks
High-Arch-Heretic, The Fallen one
Ex Inquisitor, Former Priest
Current score: 2240 points
Wolfman2006

Re: September 2011 Favorite Moments

Postby Dr.Elden » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:50 am

Dr. Elden Tyrel
Dr.Elden

Postby Petrie » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:42 am

- Ivan's fantastic roleplay after getting the news.
-Bug shenanigans.
- Zero damage by madness!
- Going insane and trying to eat Havok and having Taz fend me off.
- Living through the miserable rain. So glad it didn't last all weekend.
-After Yuri tried to communicate with a certain black robed spirit and went crazy because of it:
Anton: Why did you do that?
Yuri: I don't know...
Anton: Yuri! Are you an academic?
Yuri: No...
Anton: THEN WHY DID YOU DO THAT?
- Everything that happened after a certain spirit thek touched me in ways I never could have imagined. (Challenge accepted, Father Sahaal.)
Last edited by Petrie on Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
My name is Hive: for we are many.
Petrie

Postby littlebluefae » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:23 am

(I'll add more as I remember, I'm sure)

- Ivan & Dr. Adams' r-p when they both found out they lost their families.
- Sinclair & Molly's dinner date. I hope it went well, after the guard I paid for. ^_^;;;
- Mr. Baker without a hat = who is that nerd with the sword over there?
- The drawings, sketches, sayings ("The Pontiff sucks eggs!") and Command Lines you gave my character to collect. :)
- Changing the words of 'Gaston' over to sing of Sinclair quietly on Sunday.
- pouring water over Sinclair to incite a wet long-sleeved shirt contest (short-lived).
- giving all the ladies I could find/interact with chocolate.
- hitting ALaN in the gears with a water bottle in defense of Molly's honor. I might wear a halo but I can still be dangerous (hope you're okay, though!).
- getting people to laugh over various things said.
- finding out about Mage/Alchemist and then being actually needed for said job at the same time. Lol, Rank 3 overnight.
-Looking into making a weapon for Dr. Adams from the items he gave me, and then realizing that the Nerothumas was made from the exact same stuff. - helps to make a gate -
- getting to spend more talking time with the Baronness.
- getting to spend more talking time with Miss West, plus socks. :)
- getting to babysit AGNES-1 during the radiation search-and-fight Saturday night.
- sleeping peacefully when I realized a halo on our door stands for 'Pregnant Woman's Nochian Sign: Do Not Enter, No Really'.
- Seeing and interacting with Diskordia. Yay! /hugs
- Remembering I'm not entirely without an offensive capability: 'By my Gaze, Repel by Fear.'
- Madness Monster (Sunday Morning), who was a chick with a staff? Whomever it was, she pranced and danced and was one of the coolest monsters I got to see that day. Thank you, lady!
- Cauliflowers in Cheese Sauce and Croissants are delicious. I swear. :)
- I got a letter! That was so neat! Attempting to make it an all-female quest!
- Dr. Sinclair coming up on his own with a fanTAStic idea about searching the Dreams of Diskordia in order to possibly see what he was made of and also to right anything that could be fixed.
- Putting Sinclair and Deadbolt and that Royal Mage guy to sleep.
- Scarves for Talbot & Diskordia. :)
- Galatea! Zero! 424! Marionette! More fem bots, plz. :lol:
- Translating by sight with Miss West on the ship. Realizing what was translated and being REALLY DISTURBED, but not as disturbed as Sahaal when Dr. Elden 'invited' him inside the ship.
- I might be less mobile and exhausted a lot, but I've still got a set of large, healthy, LOUD lungs when I need to. :)
- Watching Sinclair use the VCRS on Sahaal and having to pry his hand loose painfully from the whole thing.
- "Death by Device!" on Sahaal - you totally did the right thing! :lol:
- Getting to feed people chocolate cream pie, pumpkin pecan bars, gatorade, water, and so on also made my day. It's the little things. Next time I'm bringing more food. :)

Now, to go to that particular post and re-do my points. ;)

L.O.R.E. (Living Organism of Repairable Estate) 1139
littlebluefae

Postby manus dei » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:05 pm

- Taging people friday night and watching the aftermath later.
- I really enjoyed the two hours or so between game on and the first major battle.
- "Maz is that you? Ah crap he is talking to much..."
- I had a blast rp-ing Ivan's reaction to the casualty list and it was really touching to see all the people come to comfort me including sahaal
- "But I have Tenure!"
- Ponies!
- Even though I hated the last time we fought the scarecrows this time around they were sooo much more interesting and creepy to fight. I really liked how they would only slowly move when we weren't looking and would only fight when we got too close. You guys were champs for wearing those costumes and still sticking to the act.
- "Phenex are we space?" "Yes Adeaphon, now we are family again."
- That final battle I think was my favorite wave battle we have had. the sanitarium being my second. 4 way battle to the death!
Ivan Berzin

"In Volskagrad, Mosquito repellent is a gun!"

manus dei

Postby Deadbolt » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:09 pm

-Being useful in fights I have no business being in. I LOVE being a mechanic!
- Being useful in mods in ways other than an inneffective fighter. I LOVE being a mechanic!
-Being a mechanic.
-When in doubt, throw a death grenade. Poor Sahaal 8D
- The discovery of the ISS Phenex solved some major inner conflicts I was having.
-THE 'The Outlander' complimented me profusely on how well I built Archetype Zero.
- Dischordia: 'Cure Paralysis and Quadruple Maim.' Me: 'WHAT THE HELL???' Etti: 'Deadbolt, what did you do now?'
-I got a new face that SCARES people. It's awesome and I love it.
-The look on Baroness (Thackery's?) face when I approached her with my new face. BEST SCARE EVER!!!
-I invented something!
-I fixed a spaceship!!
-Humans are ALIENS!!!
-Moz repeating everything Anton says
-Tentaclees!
-The prospect of being more awesome than I already am
-The absoballylutely FANTASTIC plot written by staff and brought to life by our also absoballyloutely FANTASTIC NPCs. You guys make my weekend four times a year.
-'Did you push a big red button, Deadbolt?' 'Uh, nnnnnnoooo?' 'You moron, what were we just talking about?'
-Being paid to get death'ed and then being brought back to life.

These are all I can think of at the moment, but really the event as a whole has been the best so far.
'Machines are the superior lifeform. Come, human, and be upgraded.' -Deadbolt
Score: 978 and counting
Deadbolt

Postby Raven » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:29 pm

Good times, great event and awful weather, this was an awesome way to spend the weekend! Thank you, thank you to all the NPC’s who worked so hard threw it all and of course the plot staff who made even the small touches count and the event that much more special!
My favorites:

~ Killing an eyeball who wondered into the tavern!
~ Physically stopping the random undead who tried to carry Leander out of the tavern, “Whose your friend Raven?” Me: “Not mine.”
~ watching the creeping-creepy things in the dark
~ drawing a picture for L.O.R.E.
~ finally finding the chance to tell Dimitri why Old Crow needs to die
~ Silver swords!! *freaks* also all the pleasant conversations had about the silver tentacle Tattered King sword attached to my wrist. Later, giving it a proper name… maybe two.
~ the epic-ness that was the Prideful battle, the RP I watched ensue from that and the awesome ritual we got to perform, way to go out with a major BANG Baron Peppers! Later throwing on the Prideful crown for a few seconds just to complete my odd ensemble.
Me: “Look Professor I’m full of Pride!”
Professor: “TAKE THAT OFF RAVEN!”
Me: “Awww…..”
~ for only a few moments holding back the wave of Zon worshippers as they stormed the tavern, of course they eldritch-ed me into a puddle, but for a few seconds I was the only wall!
~ Killing me some baby vampires! With the running and the swinging of the new sword, I felt like a little kid in a candy store, a stabby candy store… if you will, the vampire shrieking and running away in fear helped!
~ Playing the, lets stich Raven up in The Yard with Alexei, later Mr. Rivet: “You set quite the bomb there Deadbolt, it will go off in about 40 minutes.”
~ fighting two junk yard dogs by myself at one point, kudos to those guys they didn’t stop!
~ happily poking and touching Jack’s new tentacles without fear or hesitation, Jack: “You know your one of the only people in town who does that.”
~ The coronation, short sweet and to the point.
~ Maz stumbling into triage at one point during the last battle failing and saying, “Arms. Arms!” Both his arms were broken, I knew because I had just gotten mine fixed.
~ Tag teaming with Molly! It worked well and I don’t think she even got hit or at least hurt, win!
~ the Scarecrows! I know its already been said but they were fanastically creepy! I went insane and saw Maxim fighting near me and I had to stop myself from screaming as one of the Scarecrows came up right behind him and then just stood stone still. Brilliant!
~ Going into the old laboratory and on the first level the elevator opened and the escaped diseased inmates were all huddled around eating a body who then got up and proceed to fight us, Raven was applauded Ally was terrified. Kinda glad the Tattered King teleported us out.
~ yelling at the Ogre during the doorway fight to go home, also guy with the Spider on his back, freaking awesome and hilarious!
~ going insane in the woods only to have people finally notice about four minutes in, by that time the front line had moved forward and then back to where I was standing, Molly: “Look, I let go of her and she just stands there!”
~ Squad Shield Wall!! The unexpectedly awesome perks and our attempts at being an organized front line!
~ Little RP moments with so many people, Raven’s continued quest to ‘get better,’ trucks on!
~ Not so fun yet still memorable, burying friends, reading wills, physically breaking my buckler half way threw the last battle, how fitting.

Now we play the waiting game.

Raven

Postby Miss Peri West » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:54 pm

-Diplomatic talks, particularly the Grey Monk's oh-so-reasonable demands and watching Sir Tristan emcee the whole thing
-Fighting our way through the five levels of Lechmaker's (sp?) laboratory, especially the part where Anton jammed his steamborg arm in the elevator door to keep it shut. Telling Molly was fun.
-Getting to Big Sister so many people
-Socks for Lore! Which match her outfit! My goal is to get as many people in Greyhook wearing my knitting and weaving as possible before the end of the campaign.
-King Maximillian's disconcerting proclamation
-My lovely new parasol and watching people's faces as they realized what was on it
-Talking blood research with Baron Warrick (RIP), Sir Tristan and the Baroness.
-Learning a new spell with the help of Pastor Talbot, the best sport in the world
-Discussing rituals with Professor MacGregor and Dr. Adams. So much potential for coolness...or really bad ideas.
-Is it really good or really bad if Father Sahaal and Miss West have the same idea re: dealing with the Church of Phenex?
-Squalid! Dead! Lemur!
-Maz waxing eloquent and hostile. The things he was saying were disconcerting, but even more so was the fact that he was using complete sentences. Who's messing with our Thek?
-Mr. Graft! Why do you have tentacles??!?!
-Power translating with Lore
-The Phenexian Revelation
-All the amazing RP with everyone, including (but not limited to): Project 424, Lore, Dr. Adams, Father Sahaal, Jack Graft, Anton Ivanovich, The Professor, Dr. Sinclair, The Adorable Miss Raven, Deadbolt, Markiza Alexa, Pastor "Slam by Resonance" Talbot, Professor MacGregor, Thaddeus and Theodora Godfrey, the Earl (whose name I constantly forget, but I remember your title, so that's something), Uncle Lucien, Leander Warrick (RIP), Sir Tristan and Baroness Thackery, and everyone else. LE has such an incredible group of people. I love this game.
"Nullus est liber tam malus ut non aliqua parte prosit."
--Pliny the Younger
Miss Peri West

Postby Alexy Vronskaya » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:13 am

Every subject’s duty is the king’s; but every subject’s soul is his own.
-Shakespeare's Henry V
Alexy Vronskaya

Postby Molly Mayweather » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:48 pm

Though I'm going to get scolded by somebody for doing this right now, some moments that stuck out in my mind before I completely forget them:

Talbot: There's chaos all over my bedsheets!

Trying every tactic short of screaming for help or actual violence (being armed with only my real fists) to get away from my kidnappers or convince them to let me go--guilt, tough talk, being excessively aggravating, pouting, doing good work/saving lives, I'm an adult, you are bad people, look over there!!! (And failing.) The kidnappers pushed all the right buttons with Molly--now if only they'd had a letter as proof and had let her go say goodbye! (Great job NPCs, even though you say you didn't have enough info) -- And thanks to half the town who came to rescue me, somewhat anticlimactically. XD

Holding Ivan. That whole scene was kind of beautiful--Ivan bawling, Molly guiding him to a seat and then sitting with her arms around him quietly. Sahaal giving a comforting sermon. In the background, word gets around the room of what's going on, and Squad 2 and others filter over to sit with Ivan--not really knowing what to say, but knowing they have to be there.

BFFing around with Emily!

Molly: Hey, where's Sinclair?
Someone: He went with Squad 2.
Molly: [a bit worried] What? What are they doing?
LORE: They're raiding an airship.
Molly: An airship? ... [sly grin] So what you're saying is he's a pirate now...
LORE: How dashing! Just like in the adventure dime-novels!

Sinclair standing there with his hands out and away from him, looking very displeased, after ... working on Dmitri.

Sitting next to Samuel as he died (again) and being put in charge of burying him. Just about in tears. Later getting the story from Emily about that whole messed up situation.

Molly finds herself terrified, about to die, and huddled behind a fallen Deadbolt (AGAIN, somehow) after the Yard's Brass Council mows through the town. She secretly stabilizes Deadbolt, but keeps him down as they both listen to hear if the automata have left.
Molly: [whispering] Deadbolt! Deadbolt, I'm scared!
Deadbolt: [whispering] It's okay, Molly. I'm here. [begins to pray]

Unexpectedly playing confidante to Miss Godfrey. Simple solutions to big problems. We don't get to interact a lot--that was fun.

Dancing around behind a stray sludge thing in the tavern while tag teaming it with Raven! :D

Molly: [to Jack post-tentacle] WILL YOU PUT THAT THING AWAY.

Hearing about the heroic sacrifice of Anton's arm and not really having the heart to be pissed for something so BA, especially the way Miss West expertly told it--but playing it up anyway.

Sinclair playing out using the VCRS for the first time on Sahaal, uncurling the fingers and everything. Molly having to explain that it never hurts less, but at least you know what to expect.

King Max's proclamation, and having the words come to mind: "Dearly beloved, we gather here to say our goodbyes..."

Everyone's reaction when Maz said that first threatening sentence: "Eh?" Brilliantly played by Petrie and Cathy-the-Thek-spirit!

Tristan rushes into the safety of the tavern as beasties attack outside first thing in the morning.
Someone: [laughing] Well, good morning, Sir Tristan! And how are you doing?
Tristan: [indignantly] I'm unarmed, half-dressed, and my hair isn't brushed!

What. What. What.

Molly & Sinclair's date. Ha. Big thank yous in and out of game to Janna & Jeremy for all the work that went into that--it was all wonderful. Mark--thanks for laughing with me for an hour. lol

Any and all teasing that resulted from said date, and lots of RP after that. Standing over Sinclair trying to look threatening--feet planted wide apart and wrench far forward to look bigger than she is and yelling at the enemy, like a prey animal in a corner. Fighting back to back at one point against the madness beasties. Lots of banter and harassment.

Any and all of LORE/Janna's antics!

Scary scarecrows...

The oh-no-what-have-we-done moment where the second Outlander attacks us with the Homonculi after asking, "You're doing what he said without even knowing what it is?!"

Playing confidante for Dr. Adams, interesting. Again, Molly is a simple creature with simple answers to big problems.

Mr. Baker paying miners to beat him up for everyone else's amusement. Discussing the merits of going through the dimension door over and over until we get to a universe we like better, like one with ponies that explode into bacon (?!). i.e. Sliders the LARP. Yay silly o'clock! The NPCs playing those miners were awesome with their bad jokes too. WHY ARE THINGS FUNNY AT THAT TIME OF NIGHT.

Sahaal's reaction to the news about Phenex. Whoa. And getting shoved into a wall.

Using my new glove, getting a WOW or two out of people, and feeling pretty cool.

Some growing up moments as a result of the news about Phenex--putting some grudges aside, higher aspirations, belief shift.

Um, somehow not seeing the horde of NPCs ready to pour out the dimension door with the way it was blocked off, and didn't even see the blocking in the dark. Really cool effect as they just. kept. coming.

A small RP moment with Raven at some point where we talk about how old we are (or don't know we are), and she wanders off.

Molly: Pastor Talbot, do you need a hug?

Generally having about zero clue of what's going on except hearing my name being called all over the field.

Watching Anton's BMV buffs help the squads!

Thank you to PCs, NPCs, and plot staff for a great weekend despite the weather! You guys are always amazing!
Molly Mayweather

Next

Return to Board index

Return to OOG Discussion