Columbus Day Geek-End

Columbus Day Geek-End

Postby Alexei » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:58 am

Hey Everyone,

It was great to be back in Greyhook this past weekend and I wanted to let everyone else know about another project I have been working on (with permission from Jake) that will happen in October.

During the Columbus Day long weekend I will be running an event with the YMCA in Gloucester, MA. It will start on Friday night around 5pm and run through Monday at 2pm. Its not a larp so much as a bit of a gaming celebration (though there is a zombie survival larp on the schedule).

I have been involved with the YMCA for more than 10 years, working with teens and trying to make them understand that its ok to be themselves and participate in activities that they enjoy, even if society tells them its a nerdy thing to do.

Over the past couple years I have been able to get some of the older kids into Larping by taking them to NPC The Calling and everyone that came is now hooked. Word of mouth does amazing things, but now its time for a full weekend to show teens as well as adults that these activities are not something to be ashamed of. Thus the 'Geek-End' was born.

I am sharing this with people in the larping community because as a community we generally accept people form all walks of life regardless of age, sex, color, and sexual preference. This is the mindset I am trying to preach, acceptance.

I have attached the flyer which gives you all the important information, but I am going to mention some specifics here.

- Its a FULL weekend event, running from Friday night to Monday afternoon.
- You will be camping, so tents are necessary.
- All your meals are included in the cost.
- Saturday dinner is a Steampunk-themed taco night. Costume is encouraged.
- Sunday dinner is a Pirate-themed Chili night. Costume and RP is encouraged.
- We will be brewing our own Root Beer.
- Saturday night Zombie Survival Larp until stupid o'clock. (Written by me using a watered-down version of Accelerant)

So if you are interested, take a look at the flyer and it has all the contact info you need to sign up. If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me.

I hope to see some of you there, I know its a busy weekend.
"The minimum or maximum value that separates acceptability from unacceptability."
Alexei

Re: Columbus Day Geek-End

Postby Matt » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:08 pm

the board apparently disallows PDF attachments at a source level, so the flyer is viewable here:
http://losteidolons.com/Columbus_Day_Geek-end.pdf
Matt
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to OOG Discussion