Weapon Specifications

Re: Weapon Specifications

Postby Jonah » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:18 am

Jonah

Postby Alexander Kayle » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:30 am

It actually depends greatly on how you to it.
I have been working with this stuff for years, and have found that some people work with direct application of heat which does greatly weaken the plastic making it much more susceptible to shattering, while there are other methods, such as the hot water method, which heat the pipe much more slowly and cool it at the same rate making it much less likely to fracture. In addition, if you strapping tape the weapon well, it should be strong enough: PVC is always going to be susceptible to breaking, especially with the extremes that New England weather will put your weapons through, so the trick is just to be careful (and make spares).
"Yes, that Dr. Kayle. Yes, the one from the books. No, I didn't write them and- no, it wasn't like that, it-! *sigh* Nevermind."
Alexander Kayle

Postby Jonah » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:41 am

Jonah

Postby Jacob » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:57 am

Regarding Curved Weapons: Curved weapons are fine, but remember that any weapon which can be used to hook or trap is illegal.
Jacob
Plot

Postby Alexander Kayle » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:34 pm

So I was talking with another friend of mine (no, really! These questions aren't mine! I was just holding on to them for a friend! He's the one you're looking for!) and I he had a question on a couple of Nerf guns that didn't seem to make your list and was wondering if he could get them sanctioned:

Nerf Fury Fire
http://nerfornothing.blogspot.com/2009/ ... -fire.html

&

Nerf Storm Fire
http://nerfornothing.blogspot.com/2009/ ... g-set.html

Couldn't find them on the Nerf site, but these were used at the 2009 Mountain Dew Tour. I'm not sure why they weren't on the site, but my friend is planning on buying them to paint up because he likes the looks better (specifically, he likes the Storm Fire better than the Night Finder) so if nothing else, he can bring them to the event in September for you to look at.
"Yes, that Dr. Kayle. Yes, the one from the books. No, I didn't write them and- no, it wasn't like that, it-! *sigh* Nevermind."
Alexander Kayle

Postby Jacob » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:33 am

Very sorry for the late reply, I was away.

We are happy to look at other weapons to potentially allow them into the game. We need to play with the weapons (i.e., shoot you in the eye with them) before we allow them on board, so if the first time we see them is at an event, make sure to bring backups you KNOW are legal. Also, be aware that LE has two distinct categories of weapons--pistols and longarms. Guns that visually blur the line will be dicey, and may require tagging or be denied.
Jacob
Plot

Postby Dr.Elden » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:32 am

Since I know I'm considering picking up pistol at a later date I am wondering what the policy on cosmetic modifications for nerf weaponry is? Currently I'm running on the assumption that so long as the internals have not been upgraded, minor modifications are allowed.

I only bring this up because being the crafty sort, I immediately noticed the ease that that second nerf blaster could be modified to resemble a german officer's pistol (luger I believe?).

Now all I'd need is six more hours in a day to get all the prop work that I wanna get done... :lol:
Dr. Elden Tyrel
Dr.Elden

Postby Jacob » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:36 am

Cosmetic modifications are accepted and even encouraged. Please do not modify the internal workings or the ammunition at all.

-J
Jacob
Plot

Postby Jonah » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:36 pm

Jonah

Postby Matt » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:40 pm

correct. if done correctly and with some caution, such things are possible, but it's not real recommended.

I would like to add that marking ammunition with a felt pen or marker is perfectly acceptable if you are concerned about reclaiming it after a fight.
Matt
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to OOG Discussion