How Phenexellent! Favorite Moments March 2012

How Phenexellent! Favorite Moments March 2012

Postby Raven » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:22 pm

Wow! Most certainly a roller coaster ride of an event! Thank you so much to all the staff, NPC’s and PC’s for working so hard to make this happen! I had a great time and in the spirit of getting PEL’s in a fast as possible here are some of my favorite moments of the weekend:

- My Darkness mod
- The unexpected Birthday gift, and the awkward but loving hugs that ensued, it will be most exciting to be an adorable armored wall
- The séance and the man running it
- Attempting to run for my life Friday night and hearing the Realmians yelling ‘get the one in white!’
- Dead party in the Shunned House
- Helping the Aldian soldiers after they helped us on Saturday, talks with Sarah Smith and then finally them finding out ‘what kind of man their working for,’ and they decided not to go back to the army, YAY!
- Physically being pointed toward a vampire, silver sword at the ready only to end up not attacking and choosing the Chayodyne Order and all the mixed emotions that came with, “You know leeches is a derogatory term used to define your race, Raven.” – Leon “I know, I’m just used to it.” “This is your fabled vampire slayer? This is the one who killed the thing known as Old Crow?”
- After bringing Maz back and falling unconscious all I remember was waking up in town next to him and he called me ‘hive,’ aww! Also the other reactions of ‘Raven, what did you just do?!’
- Pugilism fights, killing gangsters and going back to pugilism again, the Deadbolt and Alan fight had to be my favorite, fighting Dr. Sinclair I heard the yell of ‘be cuter,’ bouncing around and seeing Sinclair try not to burst out laughing was totally worth it! Also a crazy guy killing people in-between was just hilariously awful “They’re fine! They’re just sleeping!”
- Sitting in comfortable silence
- The spirit of the King of Alden and what he said to me even if I was cowering
- I did not catch his name but one of the new players who was with the Murder Bots went insane on the space spore mod and I could not stop myself from laughing out loud while unconscious as he taunted them and attacked as much as possible before getting maimed all over the place. Also Makoto’s ‘I’ll bite your legs off,’ commented while also horribly maimed was just to funny
- Attacking the eyeball! Having others get on my kill train was great too!
- Ethan Talbot’s Mom coming to town, also all the crazy people, I felt right at home
- Putting an end to the Phenexian crusade was very satisfying! Even if they ‘purged the unclean’ on me once for sure and tried a couple other times

I’m sure there are more but this is what I remember for right now. Again thanks everybody! Be seeing you next month I hope!!

Raven

Re: How Phenexellent! Favorite Moments March 2012

Postby Cathy » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:19 pm

Here are my favorite moments:

"Havik...you are the Worst. Army. Ever!"
The two bots going at each other at the fights to have the continuous yo-yo then a voice attack heal to townsfolk.
Hearts to the people who ate my sweets.
The look on Dr. Sinclairs' face when I was preforming surgery with a wrench in my hand. "You are using a wrench?" :shock: "No, but I find it helps my hand posture." ... "Put the wrench away Lexie." ..."Awwwwwww." :cry:
Going on the Yard social mod on sunday. After 5 questions or so about the machine god and automata I thought I should ask, "How would you treat human visitors to the yard?" #1 , "Well they are beneficial after we break them down to amino acids." (Apology for spelling) Then we system scanned on AI #1 "Destroy all humans!!!!" We could not stop laughing.
Figuring out Adams' miming...I got better at it as things wore on
I got a repair glove from Molly ^_^ <3
Everyone asking me to label my Automata snack for next time so they don't poison themselves.
Getting to finally play and have fun with everyone. Thank you are for the help and an awesome time!
Cathy

Postby Zero » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:27 pm

so many things to remember, such an incompetent memory of mine... lol

all the tasty treats.
the checklist... and my apple eating troubles being put at the top of the list.
the chase for my apple.... XD
cheese puppies, cheese bunnies.
the sharing of the brain between Mrs. West and myself.
the yard mod with the 3 different operating systems. "number 3, same question" its the dating game automaton style. which would you rather have running a living city - a dalek, GLaDOS, or a graphing calculator?
*unconscious/bleeding out* 'wheres the town going... awww really?! they're leaving us behind? c'mon...'
maim, maim, maim, maim. "really?!" wack wack wack. *unconscious* "heal to townsfolk" "yay...oh..." *looks up* wack wack wack... (repeat 3 more times)
sneaking behind the enemy lines with Maz, Phinias, and myself... Talbot shouting out who to target, and us taking out the healer without being noticed. YAY SQUAD 3 - the Shadow Brigade subdivision of the Talboteers!
Captain Spinderhawk , walking into the tavern and asking us if we were too tired to fight things, and telling him that some of the group just had cake and didnt feel like fighting, others are wandering the forest for booze, and the rest of us on the couches are cold and falling asleep waiting for something to come into the tavern to fight. 5-10 minutes later, we get attacked.. we get them all down and Sahaal goes and says they aren't tough enough. NEVER SAY THEY ARE NOT TOUGH ENOUGH!! 200 hit points each ...
oh and Baker's mod. Baker, thank you for letting me go on that with you guys. THAT WAS AWESOME!
and dont let me forget fangface and the fanglings. they tickle when they eat your limbs. (Maz, thanks for dragging me around the cabins trying to get away from them.)
having been quadruple maimed soooo many times ... almost every time i got maimed i ended up with all limbs being maimed.
Zero

Postby Emily Alice Thatcher » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:31 am

This is the part where I remind you all that I will remember all the really good ones after I hit submit. :D

- The seance! First thing I did all weekend. Dan Shedd is a good man for coming all the way down here to do that. The benches weren't quite ready for my hips, though... :lol:
- "Ivan...what was your wife's name again? Just curious."
- All of our dead friends getting turned into angry ghosts. Anton telling Ivan that "that's what Natalya said." Burnnnn.
- No one died on my watch. Pretty good achievement for the weekend. 8-)
- Finally got to meet my 2 year old question mark, Jonathan. The Professor reminding me that I can convince him to quit the army. Now I can see him again! And who knows? There may be a wedding in Greyhook...Many thanks to the wonderful Matt Bartlett for playing both my fiance and my boyfriend. Heh heh.
- Lucretia wasn't lying. That was pretty cool.
- I got to play a weird eldritch instrument! Twice! I hope I get to play it a lot more. Only problem is that I now have yet another thing to carry. #firstworldproblems
-And speaking of that... "Oh man, all these packets I have to carry are sooo heavy..." "Yeah yeah yeah, first mage problems."
- I slew like three monsters in one mod. That is actually kind of a record for me. Heh heh.
- I lost in pugilism to Dr. Sinclair. Again. But hey, it was probably better for everyone that he won, because I was immediately deathstruck and he was the one who found me.
- "Rip his top off!"
- Squad 2 disguising themselves as each other.
- Mazzie trying to crawl under the bed and failing. Hard.
- Shipping. Always, always shipping. Every time you see Emily smile? She's shipping other people together. Usually in the company of Phinny or GM Lee.
- "Apologize to Delilah!" "I'm sorry Delilah." "Tell her she is pretty." "..." "Tell her she is pretty!" "...You're pretty...funny looking..."
- Jonathan getting schooled by the town on how to talk to women. Also, the town immediately showing their support for Emily, which was so inspiring for me. I felt so loved. :D
- Havoc also getting schooled on how to talk to women. By three men pointing guns at him, and three more blocking his escape route.
- Jonathan (I know I talk about him a lot, but I cannot express how glad I am that I got to meet him) and the back table at the end of Saturday night. Emily got to have "normal people in love" time for the first time in a while. "Hey, that was pretty sultry. Can you do it again?"
- I finally got to use my super cool triage device! Yay being useful!
- "Where were you last night?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I'm sure there were many more.
Emily Alice Thatcher, formerly Private Thomas Thatcher of the King's Navy
Master Mechanic, Novice Surgeon, and Scientist Extraordinaire.
"She can fix everything but broken hearts."
Emily Alice Thatcher

Postby Molly Mayweather » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:50 am

I'm sure I'm going to forget something here, but I definitely remember lots of little cool things! Some are not favorite moments, since they weren't "good" in Molly's eyes but fun to play out, and poignant memories nonetheless.

- ghostbusting: I felt so freakin cool building the pack and then walking around with it on shooting ghosts. Those packs were awesome. And getting to make non-chalant "in character" Ghostbusters references while trying not to sing the song out loud.
- A two hour argument and lots of mixed feelings! How sad. And eventually making up.
- Someone making another attempt at carving out Molly's soul, and it wasn't Marner or the Plague Doctor.
- Harassing Dr. Parker and Alexy about their "rich lady powers"
- MAMA TALBOT, WHY ARE YOU A FISH?!
- Pastor Talbot, are you a mermaid?
- The Baker zombie, every time.
- Chocolate cake as comfort food, and then piling on the couch with fun people.
- Fighting the Infected and suddenly becoming the front line against the tavern's back wall, pumping out 3 damage by Faiths as Sinclair stood behind me buffing. It was kinda awesome (until we died) having my own dedicated healer. Hooray teamwork!
- The many times I said something, followed up with, "Oh good, Sinclair didn't hear me," and someone told him.
- Every single thing ever involving the Havocs. The group in town, the ghost, everything.
- "Verbally bitch-slapping" Sahaal's ghost (Adam's words)
- Lexie taking charge of getting components and organizing the proton packs! I love helping new mechanics.
- Getting to watch other players do really awesome things like Anya sprinting like the wind behind enemy lines, Yuri being way more productive than people give him credit for.
- Failing at pugilism so hard it was painful, but had fun laughing at Raven bouncing around to be cuter, Anton healing the town so he wouldn't lose a bet on Deadbolt, Alan and Deadbolt just NOT STAYING DOWN.

- THEY'RE SLEEPING!!! And by extension:
M: I can't do anything for them for another minute!
Someone across the field: What about Sinclair? Is he dead too?
M: If he was, I WOULDN'T BE WAITING A MINUTE.

M: (getting supper ready, putting the wok on the grill)
Ivan: So Molly, you talk the talk, but can you wok the--
M: (already chasing him across town with the wok before he finishes)
Little does town know that threatening people with pots and pans is a hereditary trait in Mayweather women!

Jonathan: Hi, I'm Emily's fiance.
M: (shakes Jonathan's hand really hard and a little too long) Pleased to meet you. I'm Molly, Emily's best friend.
Jonathan: Nice to meet you. ...Was that hard handshake on purpose?
M: I just have a strong grip. (when he's not paying attention, aside to Emily very seriously) It WAS on purpose.

M: (overdramatic concern) Emily! Oh thank goodness! I was so worried! Where WERE you last night?!
Emily and Jonathan sputter and look very embarrassed.
M: Oh. OH! I'm sorry, oh, I see. Okay, well, alright! (goes inside and proceeds to laugh her head off, and later gets chased around the entire tavern for continuing to tease Emily)

M: Can I have a donut?
Anya: Yeah, they're for Squad 2.
M: But I'm not in Squad 2.
Anya: But you stay with us so it's fine.
M: So if I sleep with all of you, I can have a donut? (I want everyone to know, I said this innocently at first.)
Sinclair: (across the room, gives a look)
M: (runs)
Molly Mayweather

Postby Wolfman2006 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:30 am

Miss West's Ritual. Very cool, the flavor spot on, the music in the background fit in seamlessly, and the meaning of the specific words/phrases was metaphorical in an awesome way. Very soul-searching moment for Sahaal, and a turning point in the character's personal story.

Becoming capable of verbal speech... and then not 20 minutes later using my new-found powers to terrorize and emotionally attack my fellow players as a rather aggravated ghost.

The frequent gatherings by the Tea Kettle in the back of the Tavern. We have mastered and all but made a chart measuring how bad the situation is outside is based on vocal tones and the pitch of the screams.

Struggling with the realization that I no longer have a formal title... Brother, Father, Inquisitor... Mr?! Until I heard what the Phenexians now refer to me as: "High-Arch-Heretic Sahaal the Fallen". Its nice when irony works in my favor for once, huzzah for new bad-ass titles.

The Phenexian Crusade . Sahaal had been dreading this inevitable moment since adventure day one. Originally he hoped to stop it from ever happening, and if it was not to be... he had thought he would lead them in himself. Instead he found himself leading the "heretics" against them, and found himself fighting and killing the same men Sahaal considered heroes and aspired to emulate. When Sahaal was death-striking the Xenomarchy Paladin (Mike Walsh) he looked into his eyes and saw the fear and doubt... not fear of of dying but of his faith being questioned, of being wrong... Sahaal wanted to laugh and scream, knowing exactly what the defeated man before him was going through and unable to savor victory because of it. In a way the moment was like killing part of himself, and for Sahaal it sure felt like it.

"Embrace the holy Light wherever you may be,
Embrace the holy Light whomever you may be,
Although the path is Dark, the fires burn so bright,
Guiding my way through the Darkness of the night.

There is an ocean of Darkness and I drown in the night,
Until I emerge from the Darkness and am washed in the Light,
For the Light is forever and the Light is true,
Those who embrace it will be blessed those few."
The Lord Solomon Sahaal of Loreard, Consort to the Queen
Acolyte of the Scion of Masks
High-Arch-Heretic, The Fallen one
Ex Inquisitor, Former Priest
Current score: 2240 points
Wolfman2006

Postby Emily Alice Thatcher » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:48 am

And I cannot believe I forgot this one!

-"Teaching" Molly how to speak "Loreardian." Which translates to: us shouting French words at the very, very French Coco and having her ask me repeatedly if "that's sexy-talk for 'hey.' "
Emily Alice Thatcher, formerly Private Thomas Thatcher of the King's Navy
Master Mechanic, Novice Surgeon, and Scientist Extraordinaire.
"She can fix everything but broken hearts."
Emily Alice Thatcher

Postby Molly Mayweather » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:19 pm

YES, I forgot about this! It was actually REALLY HARD to repeat the "Loreardian" in a bad pronunciation. "So you mean like, 'Parlez-vous fromage?'"
Molly Mayweather

Postby Tristan Havoc » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:37 am

My fav highlights were coming back as a ghost and terrorizing the town for letting me die.
-Meeting the havoc clones and the later ensuing remarks of "what do you call a flock of Havoc's? A mayhem." and from Anton at 3am in the morning "Hey havoc you know what you should go with the havoc's and lead the flocks of mayhem. Then you can be General Mayhem." Getting my blood taken and the havoc clone blood taken by Dr. SinClair then studied by the professor.
-Dressing up as Phinious while Anya dressed up as Havoc, Yuri dressed up as Anya, Maz dressed up as Yuri, and Phini dressed up as my disguise Theodoras the small time doctor from Ilzinden and wearing my toga dress.
-Getting chased by Anton after saying the wrong choice of words about emily when trying to say squad to was stingy towards her. and getting his kneecap shot out. oh and like 5 other people helped the Militia Captain poor Officer Havoc
Tristan Havoc

Postby Tristan Havoc » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:38 am

*Oh i forgot killing myself (clones) and then capturing my own ghost.
Lastly taking 20 minutes to convince one of my clones i wasnt me
Tristan Havoc

Next

Return to Board index

Return to OOG Discussion