Tell your secrets!

Tell your secrets!

Postby Molly Mayweather » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:56 pm

Now that the game is over, I really want to hear the stories and things about your characters that either never came to light in game or not everyone knew about. Were you a cultist or had you some other secret? Something in your back story that you didn't get to play out in game or not all of us saw? Did your character put on a different face than what they were really feeling? Did your character experience some major character growth from the first to last game?

Time to spill, kids!
Molly Mayweather

Re: Tell your secrets!

Postby Alex » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:50 pm

All of the townsfolks problems stemmed from The Butcher Boys.

What the hell is wrong with all of you, supporting gangsters?
Alex
King of the Monsters

Postby Makoto » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:55 pm

I must have been the most boring person in game because I let all my secrets air out for everyone to see.
Specializations: Old Easterner, Old Tongue, Nochian, Syzgian, Ancient Dorric, Ventian, Ancient Thekk
Makoto

Postby manus dei » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:35 pm

Ivan Kidnaped people and forced them into service in the volska military. Squad 2 was made up of only 4 volskgradians and the other 30 people that were in Squad two at it's formation. They were mostly in squad two under threat of death.
Ivan Berzin

"In Volskagrad, Mosquito repellent is a gun!"

manus dei

Postby Charles Ryker » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:09 am

Hmmmmm, secrets....

I remember that I had lots of em at one point, but it's been awhile. Let's see.

For those who weren't aware, Ryker went on a murder spree the second to last event. He found some random townsfolk and quite literally ripped them apart. That was interesting to say the least.

Ryker probably killed his brother and sister, his father killed himself by quite literally eating himself to death, his family were probably all cultists, and he spent some time in a mental institution. Nothing particularly secret, but not really bandied around information.

Oh, Leander had an object that could summon a Priest of the Chel'Kgsu that he used. That awful blue things with tentacles that came into town in the middle of the afternoon the event the academics did the core-samples. That was Leander. And he left the object in the care of one Ethan Talbot, whom he knew to be a part of a cult with that thing.

Leander was working with the Cult of Elg for a while, but I'm pretty sure a bunch of people knew that one.

The Tattered Baby! Sweet merciful Ancient Gods that thing was terrifying. I think people probably know about this one too, but jeeze, that was a well kept secret for a long time.

I can't think of any more off the top of my head that people don't already know about.
Charles Ryker

Postby Dr.Elden » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:34 am

Oh good lord, where do I begin... :lol:

Elden was part of the "Greyhook Book Club".. that is, an inagural member of the Cultist header, and witness to perhaps the most horrifying series of accelerant calls ever: "Inflict perminant agony by acid. 3 damage by acid. heal 3 damage by horror. 3 damage by acid..." That was the moment that I realised the depths of Elden's evil. Because he didn't care about the poor ninja sacrifice in the slightest. Zon cultist until I got a better offer. ;)

Oh yes, Elden is evil. Shocking suprise to few I realise, but he really is evil as hell. :twisted:

Elden was subtly manipulating the information that he could, manuvering things so that when the world was saved, The Yard would be in uncontested control of the Junkyard and by extension the wreckage of the Phenex.

In the end, Elden summoned the Junkyard Dog so that if things went poorly during the end of the world fight that he would survive.

The Junkyard Dog referred to Elden as "Prototype Archetect Unit designation [SEEKER]". Elden's primary design function was interpreted by the Junkyard Dog as "High level strategic command, battlefield control, and information warfare".

Elden started with three headers: Doctor, Investigator, and Warlock. These correspond to the three humans that were sacrificed by the yard in his creation. Their personalities were never destroyed, they struggle to co-exist within Elden's head to this day. Needless to say the Warlock came out as the dominant one.
Dr. Elden Tyrel
Dr.Elden

Postby Molly Mayweather » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:58 pm

Okay everyone else please continue, but what the heck was that Tattered Baby ?! I saw it for two seconds at last event and was too horrified to process it.
Molly Mayweather

Postby Anton Ivanovich » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:25 pm

So! Anton had some skeletons as well, some of them people either know already or figured out because John is a horrible lair. :lol:

1. Back before the war and the machine cult really got underway Anton actually wrote to Volskagrad High Command with a formal request for troops, weapons and everything else he could think of. His rational for asking Volskagrad to invade Greyhook was the removal of the machine cult, a lot of us where pretty sure they where just another group of bad guys.... Hilariously enough when Volskagrad did invade it was because the Grey Monk was calling the shots, I'm sure he thought my "Cults are bad lets get them!" letter was pretty funny.

2. Squad 2 snuck in and out of the Grey Monk's war camp so often we where basically assigned a tent. We only finally got caught when photo's of Anton started getting passed around as an enemy of the state.

3. The Inquisition came to capture Sahaal because Anton wrote them a letter as well, at the time Pepper's had become the Prideful one and it looked like Sahaal was becoming his high priest. When the rest of the town gave a rather stirring cry for saving Sahaal everyone seemed to think that Anton requests to give the Inquisition space was to maintain order.... Anton's goal was to get you all far enough away to give them a running start. I finally joined on the band wagon because it looked like my plan to get Sahaal out of town failed and I needed to look like the good guy.

4. When Squad 2 talks about the "Secret Squirrel Mod" we're actually referring to some of our black op's work with the King's Gate Bank (KGB), basically we broke into an Aldenese Chemical Weapon's plant, locked the door shut and threw some grenades down the air vents. We managed the trap the whole science team plus any of the guards inside the bunker as their own nerve gas melted them into a puddle of goo. And that's how Anton got his Lightning Gun!

5. Speaking of war crimes! This one is pretty well known but I'm sure some people never heard the tale, well before his time in Greyhook Anton served in the Volska military. First as a shock trooper and then later as a guard in a very low security gulag. His job was to protect the commanders two young daughters who spent half the year at the facility. Due to a faulty prison transfer some high risk political prisoners manager to stage a riot and attempted escape, part of the casualty list where the two little girls that Anton essentially helped raise. Anton used some of the prisoners as human shields to help reclaim the facility and then executed any of the survivors including the ones who helped him retake the prison. Most of this bad attitude was tempered by one Miss Molly Mayweather, who was a family friend from Anton's mercenary days and reminded him often of the two little girls he failed to protect back in the homeland.

6. Anton learned how to dance the waltz from the aforementioned innocent children who where horribly murdered by the big bad men in the prison.

7. Also BSI where not Zon cultist... that was a dirty lie to prevent Sahaal from building a steam power nuclear weapon... Sorry guys! :mrgreen:

Greyhook Militia Commander
Anton Ivanovich

Postby Charles Ryker » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:17 pm

The Tattered Baby was this awful horrible... thing. It was the size of a baby, with a furry body and bat wings. It had no hair to speak of (except the fur), and had a screaming face. It was sort of like a scream mask, except on this... thing.

Add to that, the tag requires someone to cut themself to feed the damn thing their blood each day. And if someone not Tattered held it, it would fly away. Aka it would go to Monstercamp, probably to return with some awful creatures to field against town.

That, was the Tattered Baby.
Charles Ryker

Postby Alex » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:59 pm

It was called the Child of Mercy, and it was a baby Whistling Kee. Gawd, you were the worst tattered royalty *ever*.

Also, after you died, they were given the egg it would eventually hatch from, the Egg of Fury. The Tattered King and his Whistling Kee didn't understand conventional time or space.
Alex
King of the Monsters

Next

Return to Board index

Return to OOG Discussion